Info wanted on Puerto San Antonio

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Calico Bob 1010, Jul 2, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Calico Bob 1010

I was wondering if anybody on the board knows anything about Puerto San Antonio and if there are pangas there for sportfishing ?

I also heard the launch was a very tricky beach launch and not always that safe. But I also heard they were going to improve it or build a dock of some type.

Last I heard, the commercial Punta Baja pangas are not allowed to fish Sacramento Reef and the commercial Puerto San Antonio pangas can't fish Geronimo Island. The commerical fishing co-op in that area split years back and divided the territory to two different factions who supposedly are rivals.

Can anyone confirm that and it's still that way? Also, any further information about Puerto San Antonio would be appreciated.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. 1 Ola Mas

$ talks..... the ejido prolly dictates where the boys can fish for the co-operativa. that said, if you are a paying gringo i'd think the waters are open to all of the locals to venture where they think your $ will be best spent.

never heard of the dispute as far as sport fishing goes. where the boys drop their traps is a totally different matter.