How's the Launch ramp in Puertecitos?

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Oiler Fan, Sep 18, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Oiler Fan

Sorry if this question's addressed elsewhere.
    Also, I'm aware of the big tide swings, but on a "normal" high tide, how's it gonna be launching a 23ft center console? thx
  2. zmt

I haven't actually launched there myself yet, but I've looked it over a couple of times. From what I remember, I would say a 23 would be possible but not easy. The ramp itself looks pretty decent, but the turnaround at the top might be tight for a 23 and a full-size pickup. I'm sure there are people on here who launch there regularly, but just in case, here are a couple of pics:
    • How's the Launch ramp in Puertecitos?-120_2058.jpg
    • How's the Launch ramp in Puertecitos?-puertecitos.jpg
  3. Gil Marlin

They launch bigger pangas there daily...
  4. SCOTCH

I launched a 23ft whaler there last summer. There is no room for error. Go slow with people guiding and you should be ok. Make sure you have a full size truck with lots of torque with good traction tires. They park pangas on that jetty so there is less room than in the pics. Watch out for rocks on low tide. They are mostly on the right side.
    • How's the Launch ramp in Puertecitos?-CIMG1076.JPG
  5. jimikinz

No problem. As stated, just go slow and trim up a bit. Also, watch the wind, if it blows with much east or south in it, it can make that ramp a real treat! There are rocks coming out along both margins of the ramp, so come in straight and easy. We put my rig - F350 crew cab and a 21 footer - in there and turn it around no problem.

Just make sure you save your receipt for the parking. The lot attendant guy is a majorly "interesting" dude and has been known to lose them and then try and charge you again....but its classic baja, and I LOVE that area.

When you going?
  6. Oiler Fan

Great info guys. I really appreciate it!!! Hopefully we'll make it down before the end of october to fish the Encantadas.
  7. out of reach

Launched a 26' boat there with a 4 x 4 truck. Couldn't get out, the military happened to be there and pulled me out. Need to plan your launch with the tides.