How to be a Fishing Charter

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by FISHINGSTUFF, Apr 19, 2012.

1. FISHINGSTUFF

hello
    I want to become fishing charter in Mexico and want to know what to do, to be in law with Mexican licenses etc...

-What I have to do for fishing licenses and boat licenses ?
    -What licenses are required ?
    -Who do i contact ?

some help would be really appreciated, here on thread or by PM

thank you in advance :notworthy

L.
  2. MikeyLikesIt

oooooooooooooh boy............................

:rofl:
  3. FISHINGSTUFF

What's wrong ???:eyepoppin
  4. dang 8521

Are you serious? I live in Mexico and there are several Mexican owned sport fishing businesses here where I live. I am part owner in one boat and my best friend considers me part owner is his boat because I help maintain and fix it when it breaks. We feel the only advantage we have with owning our own boats is the ability to pick the time we go fishing. If we pay for a charter, which can easily work out to be cheaper than taking our own boat out, we have to go even if the weather is not so good. Right now one of the captains is offering a special of $300.00 for up to four people on a really nice and very well maintained Parker. That works out to a pretty inexpensive fishing trip. Plus he has rods and reels in case you do not. His tackle is also top of the line. Another captain, a pretty good friend went from three boats, then two and now none because he can not afford to sit and wait for people to come down to fish. He also is a captain with a really good following. Right now he is working as a captain for the other businesses. The economy is not good and there is a huge fear factor for people coming to Mexico. In my opinion the fear factor is unfounded. Yes, there are issues in Mexico but the people who deny problems in the US are blind because they have not personally had problems in the US but the stories out of Mexico are blown up to the extreme. The point is, I admire your dreambut in my opinion the economics are against you. Also, unless you are a Mexican it becomes more difficult to start and operate a business in Mexico. Not impossible but more difficult. Good luck on your dream but think about the monetary aspect.
  5. FISHINGSTUFF

thank you for reply...just for info, i don't want to buy a big yacht for deep sea fishing, just a used 30 feet open to guide for coastal fishing and i have my own clientele

so no body want to inform me about Mexican laws ???
  6. Surfdoc

Are you going to pay someone to translate all the laws and hoops you need to jump threw to you ??

If it was easy anyone would do it... I live here and it's not even a blip on my radar screen.
  7. FISHINGSTUFF

i only want to know if i need a boat license ? a Captain license ? a fishing charter license? and way to have it ....

anyone to reply me ?

thanks in advance

L.
  8. ConSeaMate

Sounds like you need to speak to a Mexican Attorney.....
  9. PezGallo2

Do you have a boat? Is it imported to MX?

I doubt you can be Capt...or even work on your boat...you'd have to hire local Mexican Captain with license.

You'd have to be a legal fishing charter company & pay taxes.

Like others have said...it's not easy or profitable. Why would you want to do it?

10. dragonfeathers Advertiser

A Mexican wife is a good start