GW Sharks on a feeding frenzy off Ventura

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Saluki, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Saluki

Swimmers warned of sharks off SoCal coast
    By The Associated Press

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 6:19 p.m.

VENTURA, Calif. — Federal wildlife officials are warning swimmers to enter the water at their own risk after great white sharks were spotted feasting on sea lions around the Channel Islands.

The National Park Service says there have been three attacks on California sea lions in the past few months near Santa Barbara Island.

There have been no attacks on humans but because of the potential risk a warning was instituted Wednesday and will remain in effect until further notice.

Officials say great white sightings in Southern California are rare. Migrating sharks usually pass through without stopping for meals.
  2. Carl

Eat well my friends............
  3. Lone Shark

I wish they would head south to the childrens pool...not because of kids...no I hear its a sea lion hang out now...maybe they could fix that offbalance on their way to the lupe!
  4. Top Shot

There is so much bait in the water up here......We were at El Capitan State beach a couple of weekends ago and the dolphin were going nuts in the surf, 10 feet from the beach...Feasting no doubt on the same thing the sea lions are....

This is precisely why I stay top side of the great Lake Pacific......Let the Sharks feast!!!!...just not on humans.