Guerrero Negro launch ramp

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by TonyC, Jul 18, 2011.

1. TonyC

i heard there's a launch near the lighthouse in guerrero negro. i've got a map, but has anyone launch there? i'm concerned about the boca to the open ocean...is there a bar i need to be aware of?

i want to fish isla de cedros for a few days. i know it's about 45 miles to cedros, mas o menos from GN. i'd rather make the run from GN, then go to tortuga to launch. i told myself this is the year i would do this, and planning to go the third week in august. i'm going to recon. either with my boat, or without the boat the first week in august...depending on what i learn in the next two weeks. if guerrero negro is doable, i'll bring the boat with when i go the first week in august.

tight lines,

tony
  2. cksea

How big of a boat are you trying to launch?
  3. TonyC

your kidding me right?
  4. loreto57

email me and I can give you all the dope about Guerro launch ramp @ old light house vand1@msn.com
  5. rtmorandi

Maybe he is not assuming you're taking your 18' boat.....honest question I think.
  6. cksea

Not kidding. A tiderunner sounds like a bay boat. I would not take it to cedros.
  7. TonyC

fair enough....i am talking about my 18fter, 2006 suzuki 115hp 50 gal. capacity.
    • Guerrero Negro launch ramp-cell pics&vid 008.jpg
  8. TonyC

sorry bro... my mistake. i posted a pic.