Grays Harbor Weather Buoy

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by GregE, Aug 31, 2013.

Share This Page

1. GregE

Looking on IFishEarth the water temp at the GH water buoy is 62.4.... That sounds like good tuna water... how far out is the buoy?

Hopping a ride Monday and looking for some albies. :)
  2. Chasin' Tail

Greg,

Water temp is just part of the equation. Right now the water is 60+ from the Marina all the way to probably Japan. The water also needs to be blue, or close to blue.
    To find that you are looking at 36 +/- miles out. The GH weather buoy is roughly 10 miles from Westport. Its doubtful you will find tuna there..

- - - Updated - - -

Greg,

Water temp is just part of the equation. Right now the water is 60+ from the Marina all the way to probably Japan. The water also needs to be blue, or close to blue.
    To find that you are looking at 36 +/- miles out. The GH weather buoy is roughly 10 miles from Westport. Its doubtful you will find tuna there..
  3. GregE

Thanks Mike.
    Enjoyed your Tuna video- linked it to some folks that may chase some tuna with me
  4. wdlfbio

X2. What mike said. Temp is not the limiting factor right now. You will find some fish I. The green, but generally very hit and miss. Watch for the clear (blue) water to find the hoards of willing victims. And, usually look deeper than 90' of water for us.

- - - Updated - - -

X2. What mike said. Temp is not the limiting factor right now. You will find some fish I. The green, but generally very hit and miss. Watch for the clear (blue) water to find the hoards of willing victims. And, usually look deeper than 90' of water for us.
  5. GregE

"........And, usually look deeper than 90' of water for us. "900' ? Application of theory soon. :)