Grady-White vs. Skipjack

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by rob96976, Sep 30, 2011.

?

Better Boat?

1. Grady-White

103 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Skipjack

122 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Your buddys boat that you dont pay for!

31 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. One with hot women and cold beer with no working phone!

92 vote(s)
    26.4%

Share This Page

1. rob96976

Ok, sound off!

Which is better , the Grady-White's or the Skipjack's?

Be sure to include your reasons for picking one or the other...

P.S. this is a non scientific survey and no animals were harmed!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
  2. downtime

Both are awesome boats. I have owned both. I currently have a skipjack "ultimate fishing machine"! Both are very solid boats. Main difference to look at is if u want an inboard (skipjack) or outboards (grady). My 2 cents!
  3. Fishbones

Becareful with some of the Grady's that had a Euro style transom because they had issues with water intrusion which lead to rotting.
  4. dragonballs

hot women and cold beer always win:finger:
  5. mallard

24 open . Wide open deck , good range , great flaired bow , and Jack was the man!!!!!!!
  6. MATTANZA

sj 25 fisherman pilothouse & diesel / duoprops.
  7. 4v1df12h1ng

Osprey 24 Fisherman with D4-260..
  8. frijolitos

I've owned 4 gradys....been on a few skipjacks way offshore....I'd go for the skipjack

probably more sunk gradys per capita than skipjacks I would bet, and even more with rotted out transoms and bad fuel tanks....but I still think overall GW are a great boat. then again my first 17ft boston whaler did it all but I was much younger then and took crazy chances with it.

my dad has a 1987 GW 23ft gulfstream and never had any problems with it and it is like new, so alot if it depends on pior maintenance also
  9. 4v1df12h1ng

except were ran over with boat and chop up with props..
  10. Lucky Dog

absofuckinglutly, I've got to go with the Shipjack.
    • Grady-White vs. Skipjack-DSC00203.jpg
  11. mallard

nice crew
  12. 2 fish

i would say either one with hot women cold beer and no phone
  13. 805gregg

My brother in law bought a very expensive 29'? Greedy from a reputable dealer in Newport beach, he ended up with a boat that all the wood was rotted and wound up chain sawing the POS and putting it in a dumpster along with the POS Yamaha OB's. My Skippy is 20 years old and all the wood is great and the boat is solid.
  14. Craven Morehead

A Skipjack of course, with hot women :boobies: serving me cold beer...:Pelvic_Thrust:

15. aguachico

I own a 22 ft grady, but my bud's 24 open with diesel was a great f'n boat. Skippy with a gas engine. no f'n way.

Just drilled holes in my transom of my grady to install trim tabs. Coring is fucking perfect, dry and woody.
  16. Trayscool

Ive only been on one Grady and it was a very nice new boat but Skipjack wins by default. There is no better boat for socal fishing, especially in the 1970's and 1980's when they first became really popular

Whats wrong with a gas engine? gas engines are cheap to replace and anyone can work on it. not the same for a diesel or outboard
  17. Fishbones

You have the full transom Art, it's the Euro type (Built in swimstep style) that had problems.

BTW: Tell Tony he he owes me a new lure,he cut mine off when you guys pulled along side a few weeks ago.[​IMG]
  18. Staged

It seems like you Skipjack groupies :worship:

have been drinking a lot of Jack Coles kool-aid mix, hmmm?........that reminds me I better stock up, don't want to run out!
  19. aguachico

Maybe, but they only have a 100gal tank standard. Diesel get 3-4. Gas?
  20. Trayscool

2.5 with a 60 gallon tank :shithappens:

but how much is a repower to diesel? thats a lot of gas