Fishing out of Barnegat Light, LBI, NJ July 3, 2012

Discussion in 'Noeast Fishing Reports' started by sdfreed, Jul 16, 2012.

Share This Page

1. sdfreed

Went on vacation with the family to Barnegat Light, NJ on Long Beach Island for the 4<SUP>th</SUP> of July. Had a great time and managed to sneak in a day of fishing. Went out with the wife and her daughter along with one of the wifes cousins, Peter.

Found Capt Kevin from Old Barney Charters to take us wreck fishing for Seabass. www.oldbarneycharters.com
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]We met up at the boat at 6am and were off. Kevin supplied all of the gear and even had an Avet for me to use. I was worried that everyone on the east coast used coffee grinders…
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>
    His boat was in one of the lagoons at High Bar Harbor, so it was easy to find and a fast shot out of the bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We are on our way past Old Barney and off to the Brick Wreck. A ship wrecked out there that had a lot of bricks on it…
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We drifted the wreck for non-stop Seabass. We had a few more varieties that came up with a lot of short Seabass. Instant hits right when the line the bottom. It was a great day on the water and perfect for the family. I couldn’t believe how calm the water was that day. I think we picked a great day to fish.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Finished up fishing and headed back to the barn on the laid down Atlantic…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Got back to Kevins dock and took some pics. He offered to fillet the fish for us and we took him up on that one!
    [​IMG]
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    It was a great trip and a great day on the water.
    I was looking for a charter boat on BD and didn’t really find much. Found a lot of people looking for the same thing I found. I did see the cattle boats that offered ½ day Fluke fishing and what have you, but this was a much better experience for my wife and daughter. Kevin was very patient and helped the girls fish so I didn’t have to all the time. I would definitely give him a call or email if you are out this way looking for a charter. The website was oldbarneycharters.com
  2. jarhead

Outstanding family time, glad you had a great trip, the pictures tell it all.
    I see old Kevin out there on the water alot, great people.
  3. Looney Tunes

Very cool that you had a good trip. Did you keep the sea raven? supposedly they are good eats.
  4. sdfreed

Didn't keep the sea raven, just the sea bass and one ling. It was a great trip!

5. Tuna Too

Grew up in jersey. Never saw the inlet so calm as your pics showed-