First time: Hooping tips

Discussion in 'California Fishing Reports Forums' started by miztyzo562, Oct 27, 2010.

1. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    So I'll be testing the waters tonight in Long Beach... I'll be rowing out to the oil islands hoping for a few decent bugs... I've got the Mac's ready and stewed and license/report card and guage in hand.

I've already determined through some extensive reading that im in dire need of some waders, just wondering what other newbie mistakes I can avoid with some help. Thanks guys..

2. PullinAhi

PullinAhi Fisherman

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    18 foot CC
    Rowing? Please use lights. I've seen close encounters with kayakers at night with out lights.

3. fisherman from

fisherman from LONG BEACH

Name:
    johnny
    Boat:
    1975 monark and caddis navigator 2
    X2..i was out there and met a guy on a yak,he a bright head led also a light on the back of his yak,and a big flash light ,he was well prepared,also he didnt have waders,he was in a wetsuit.

4. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I

5. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red)..

6. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also

7. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured

8. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a

9. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip

10. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock

11. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for

12. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for my

13. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for my other stuff

14. Mfish618

Mfish618 Sea Reaper

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19 FT. Searay, 17 ft Champion
    WTF?

15. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe

Dunno... Comp went all hay wire on me..

16. fisherman from

fisherman from LONG BEACH

Name:
    johnny
    Boat:
    1975 monark and caddis navigator 2
    was my head lamp comment was that funny,u had to put me on blast like that???

17. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    well heres a sad update..

I tried to park @ Cherry beach (closest point to the first oil island) only to find out that the parking lot closes right after sunset... SHIET!!

So I had to go to Belmont. After 30mins of hauling my crap over sand and eventually finding I inlfated my Sevylor in the wrong sequence (left no room for the other chambers to inflate), I said "SCREW THIS, IM ALREADY TO TIRED TO ROW OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE"...

So I just hauled my boat back to the truck and opted to fish the pier. "RJ" (bait shop guy) convinced me that lobster are occasionally caught their and showed me a few pics.. Needless to say I came back empty handed...:shithappens: I did catch a tiny spider crab, but threw it back...

18. bigdood

bigdood Member

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    Nauti Dawg
    Yeah....but did you have a "HEAD LIGHT"?

19. miztyzo562

miztyzo562 Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Oh yeah, I've got a 50lmn led "head strapped" light. 30bucks at Sports Chalet btw.