First time: Hooping tips

Discussion in 'California Fishing Reports Forums' started by miztyzo562, Oct 27, 2010.

1. miztyzo562

So I'll be testing the waters tonight in Long Beach... I'll be rowing out to the oil islands hoping for a few decent bugs... I've got the Mac's ready and stewed and license/report card and guage in hand.

I've already determined through some extensive reading that im in dire need of some waders, just wondering what other newbie mistakes I can avoid with some help. Thanks guys..
  2. PullinAhi

Rowing? Please use lights. I've seen close encounters with kayakers at night with out lights.
  3. fisherman from

X2..i was out there and met a guy on a yak,he a bright head led also a light on the back of his yak,and a big flash light ,he was well prepared,also he didnt have waders,he was in a wetsuit.
  4. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I
  5. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red)..
  6. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also
  7. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured
  8. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a
  9. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip
  10. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock
  11. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for
  12. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for my
  13. miztyzo562

Yeah, I've got a "HEAD LIGHT" lol.. I figured I could tie some chem lights to the bow and transom of my lil boat, which and where im still trying to find out (white/red).. I also figured a zip lock for my other stuff
  14. Mfish618

15. miztyzo562

Dunno... Comp went all hay wire on me..
  16. fisherman from

was my head lamp comment was that funny,u had to put me on blast like that???
  17. miztyzo562

well heres a sad update..

I tried to park @ Cherry beach (closest point to the first oil island) only to find out that the parking lot closes right after sunset... SHIET!!

So I had to go to Belmont. After 30mins of hauling my crap over sand and eventually finding I inlfated my Sevylor in the wrong sequence (left no room for the other chambers to inflate), I said "SCREW THIS, IM ALREADY TO TIRED TO ROW OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE"...

So I just hauled my boat back to the truck and opted to fish the pier. "RJ" (bait shop guy) convinced me that lobster are occasionally caught their and showed me a few pics.. Needless to say I came back empty handed...:shithappens: I did catch a tiny spider crab, but threw it back...
  18. bigdood

Yeah....but did you have a "HEAD LIGHT"?
  19. miztyzo562

Oh yeah, I've got a 50lmn led "head strapped" light. 30bucks at Sports Chalet btw.