Et tu Xtratuf?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by Bada Bing, Jun 19, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Bada Bing

So while I could probably get another season or two out of them, I figured since I was planning on getting new underwear this year, I might as well replace my Xtratufs too. :D

[​IMG]

So I run over to Squidco and pick up a shiny new pair of size 13s. When I took them out of the box, something just didn't look right to me and my old pair told the story...

[​IMG]

and sure enough...

[​IMG]

Et tu Xtratuf? :rolleyes:
  2. Slater

Made in China?
    Carl can use some hand me downs..
  3. Slater

Alaskans on alert as XtraTuf manufacturing moves overseas
    Published: July 1st, 2010 10:18 AM
    Last Modified: July 1st, 2010 10:18 AM
    Honeywell International will be moving production of its renowned XtraTuf boots from Illinois overseas -- probably China -- next year, but that should not be a worry for the many Alaska devotees of the tall, durable rubber footwear. KCAW-FM in Sitka sent a crew down to the harbor to gauge fishermen's reaction to the news that the big "Made in the USA" logo on every XtraTufs box will disappear. "If they're still readily available, then the news is not all bad," one said. But Sitka retailers, who say they've had good service from the U.S. factory, have some worries about changes in the supply line and the product's image.
    Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2010/07/01/1349761/alaskans-on-alert-as-xtratuf-manufacturing.html#storylink=cpy
  4. rza007

Mine have the stamp of approval. WTF is going on here?
  5. Bank Robber

Hmmm

You can definitely get another year out of those.

Glad you didn't post a pic of the underwear :D
  6. Smudge

That blows. I just about need a new pair too... Where are Muck Boots made?
  7. Irishman818

Just bought these 3 months ago....

[​IMG]

The tackle shop by my house has American made. P.M. me if you need info. Just called him, confirmed in stock from size 10 and up. I'm in the L.A. area, but he told me he'll ship.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  8. middleofnowhere

All those poor unemployed workers.
    I will not buy a "made in china" pair of tuffs. Heartbreaking.
  9. TonyH54

Do the made in china ones cost less? No? Thought so.....
  10. middleofnowhere

Also made in China, :(
  11. Slater

All that prooves is the box was made in the U.S., maybe...
    Its not like they are going to throw away "made in the USA" boxes if they have a huge stock of them & started China production boots.
    Check the bottom center of the boot sole, center will be stamped made in the USA
  12. Sactotuna

That's a slap in the face.
    I ALSO WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF XTRA TUFFS.

Are LaCrosse still made here?
  13. Bank Robber

Does anyone know of a US manufacturer that makes a quality boot? I'm down for supporting the average American. I don't have any obligations to Americans who don't feel obligated to support Americans.
  14. Mikieb

I bet the ones made in China will run smaller just like there condoms.:D
  15. Marcus

Capitalism at it's finest........
  16. tloucks

Dont throw them away.
    I cut the tops off at an angle towards the heels and they will make great pair of slippers or walk arounds for winter days working in the garage or where ever.

Tom
  17. Bada Bing

Nope, still $65 at Squidco but you do get these useless Chinese plastic boot inserts for our American land fills :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
  18. Bada Bing

Definitely won't throw away now, I'm gonna wait for American Pickers to come by and give me some serious money for 'em :D
  19. Redsyn

I think they are done. Made in china and still charge the same price. One of the only reason why I bought my pair was because it was made in the USA.
  20. mexfisher

Made me look at the ones I bought at the Fred hall show.
    Yup made in the USA