Ensenada fish Reports (Updated Daily)

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by theBajabum, Jan 19, 2011.

1. theBajabum Advertiser

ensenadafishreports.com

updated weekley
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Bajabil3

Thanks for the new reports, keep up the good work.
    I'm sure this will get more information out and encourage more North Americans
    to come down and try their luck.
    Hope this goes well for you.
    Bill
  3. bluedog38

very cool, thanks! this is going to be helpful when we do the last minute run.
  4. nachofish

Good job J. It would be amazing to be able to get a accurate daily report on the fleet down there.
  5. VITO

Fabuloso!! this will help a lot!
    thanks.
  6. makomike310

GOOD JOB (MANG) JAY I READ IT EVERY DAY TANKS . ( NICE REPORT )
  7. aguachico

This is great thanks!!
  8. MYNomad

Excellent format and great info not otherwise available. I would suggest you add the catch date to each repot. Also, how do (can) you assure accuracy?
    Thanks,
  9. theBajabum Advertiser

The catch day is listed on the left side.
    That is the actual date the boat fished.
    Click on the report and a window drops down with more detail on the report.

Accuracy: Well, on the weekends I am on the docks so I have a real good idea what is going on. I have been working with the charters for 9 years and these guys are considered friends in most cases. I also own one of the charters. "Selena".

All I can say is: With the negative publicity on Mexico these days, the last thing we want to do is pump up the numbers and have people disappointed at the end of the day.

When summer hits I will push hard for the GPS numbers for off shore.
  10. "all-in"

Looks great. My 2 cents. in the summary section add the number of anglers. In the detail sections add contact information so we can call to book a trip.

How far back do you display data? You may want to think about making is a calendar pick list of some type instead of just a sort option.

Also in the detail section, should the catch numbers change when I change the date?
  11. Swarthy Dago

Really great, thank you.
  12. MYNomad

I don't know how I missed that. Looks great.
  13. theBajabum Advertiser

I am thinking on how to do that. All the boats can be booked online at Ensenada.com . I just don't want to look like a full blown pimp. The guys at bloodydecks and fish dope are good to me, I don't want to abuse my welcome.

The summery will show the most recent ten reports on top. Click on the button that says "previous" to go back ane review any report in the database.
    If you click on a type of fish in the header, it will sort so you can see who and when the most of that type of fish were caught.

I will check on that one.

Thanks for the props gents.

[QUOTE="all-in";2160265]Looks great. My 2 cents. in the summary section add the number of anglers. In the detail sections add contact information so we can call to book a trip.

How far back do you display data? You may want to think about making is a calendar pick list of some type instead of just a sort option.

Also in the detail section, should the catch numbers change when I change the date?[/QUOTE]
  14. c sick

i like the report.....but,Wahoo ??
  15. theBajabum Advertiser

We don't catch wahoo in Ensenada.
    There is a panga company named Wahoo.
  16. bajachaser

Question: Today is Feb 23rd and the last posting is Feb 12th. I thought postings were going to be made daily (when available).
    Also, are reports from Vonney's Pangas not available to post?
    Thanks.
  17. theBajabum Advertiser

The port has been closed due to weather and most charters have been whale watching, not much fishing. I did put up a report for El Dorado Also today.

Vonny's..................I have no contact with Vonneys pangas and they have showed no intrest in working with www.ensenada.com. Vonneys seems toget a lot of run on WON. If they want to call in reports,I will put them up.

I require all the charters listed on www.ensenada.com to have nextel radios so I can stay in contact at any time, not just for reports but to handle problems if they happen. I somtimes have to move people on the fly because a boat breaks, etc.
  18. edcasteen

Do you have any idea when the Yellowfin generally start showing up at Guadelupe Island?? Thanks!!!
  19. mstrchief73

Hey brotha, thats a nice report schedule you got going there. I will be sure to use it often. Great work!
    although why stop there? why not add San Quintin to the package? there is always good fishing there too.
    again great work!

David
  20. theBajabum Advertiser

Boats were scheduled to go out over the weekend but the Japan thing scared everyone onto canceling..........