East Cape Report July 9 - 16 Hotel Buenavista Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by H BuenaVista BR, Jul 18, 2010.

Share This Page

1. H BuenaVista BR

<FONT size=3>OK, Fish Clones, here’s your update and ‘Tip of the Week” from Hotel Buenavista Beach Resort and the Fish Guru. I keep trying to come up with a more profound statement than WOW....but WOW!!! We have been experiencing some..no, not some…definitely, the best fishing I’ve seen in seven years as a boat owner and resident of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]Here’s the report, fish by fish:

3 blue marlin 2R<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]56 dorado 14R<o:p></o:p>
    363 tuna and 100R<o:p></o:p>
    2 wahoo<o:p></o:p>
    1 amberjack<o:p></o:p>
    1 snapper<o:p></o:p>
    1 jack crevalle R<o:p></o:p>
    5 rooster fish 5R<o:p></o:p>
    1 shark
    <o:p></o:p>
    Tip of the Week has to do with travel and saving money (which translates into extra Pacificos:hali_olutta:). If it were me, I would leave all my rods at home and only bring my reels and some hooks and lures that I like (don’t forget the fluorocarbon leader material). I would choose reels to cover all the possibilities of target fish and put them in a soft carry-on bag…as big as possible. When you get on the boat in the morning, the Captain and deckhand will be more than happy to put your stuff on their rods (@ no charge). That means you will hopefully have only one checked “bag” – your cooler, where you put your clothes and other junk. When you leave the resort, fill the cooler with fish (frozen), stuff everything else in that big soft bag and BOOM..There you have it – no extra bags! Therefore, savings some bucks. You don’t need to bring tape, either ‘cause they have tape at the airport. They open all coolers and bags, anyway. Hope this helps you fisher people out…leave the tubes home, if possible.
    PS. Out boat “Senorita Bonita” nailed a 360 pound blue marlin this week. Good job, Alberto and Chuey. Keep it up.
    Have a great summer and tight lines.
    El Gringo Tomas…the Fish Guru
    senoritabonita@prodigy.net.mx
  2. brantc Admin

Good traveling advice and nice report. The pics are not showing up...try and upload them again.

Thanks.
  3. dweston

thanks for posting.