Dummy Version of the Mexican Regulations!!

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by pete6, Mar 15, 2012.

Share This Page

1. pete6

Bloody Deck Brethren,
    Discover Baja passed this along to me....figured it would help!!!
    Mexican Press Release :
    * There is no new immigration requirement for sport fishing purposes

* An FMM (tourist permit) is required for any US citizen wishing to enter Mexico for any reason including sport fishing. This is done at the border if driving a vehicle or in Ensenada at the port if sailing a boat. (The FMMs are 294 pesos at an immigration office or can be purchased--filled out and pre-paid from Discover Baja for $34.00.)

*There may be consignee agencies (like Discover Baja) to gather information, fill out forms and pay fees.

*Any person intending to engage in sport fishing activities must have an individual sport fishing permit.

At the end of the press release it further states: 'Information will be provided in a timely manner about new measures to be taken to facilitate the entrance of foreign tourists to our territory, including those tourist that wish to do sport finshing in Mexican territorial waters.'

Other important points :

* Commercial boat employees need an FM3.

* Passengers or those fishing from commercial boats need FMMs provided by 3rd party providers----the details have not been worked out.

* A 'maritime stamp' will be used on the fishing FMMs but the specifics for this stamp-- the cost and the number of days involved -- have not been decided.

Other Baja information: Gas prices as of Friday, March 9th ---Magna is $2.99, Premium is $3.22 and Diesel is $3.03.

That's all I have for now....
    hope this helps!!!
    Pedro
  2. jovan

* A 'maritime stamp' will be used on the fishing FMMs but the specifics for this stamp-- the cost and the number of days involved -- have not been decided.
    Isn't this little fly in the ointment enough to keep anyone with common sense to fish in California waters only. I for one will not play "Gringo Bingo" as I can't afford to lose the game.
  3. pete6

yeah, it is a tricky situation...but, I think if you can speak spanish, are respectful, have all your other paperwork inline, and not scared :)
    It is totally worth it....I've never ran into any problems down there!!
  4. gecsr1

Well diesel prices look nice.... time for a second fuel tank in the bed of the truck...and visits to TJ.....
  5. South Bend

So if you don't speak spanish, your screwed?:D
  6. gecsr1

And at this time just concerning fishing .....THE SMART VERSION:

1. Don't go to Mexico to Fish...

2. Don't got to Mexico to Fish

3. Don't go to Mexico to Fish

Re: They may get the Message and Fix the Problem....

Only go to Mexico to get Fuel... and Tacos.............and :hali_olutta:

Over and Out...............

:):)
  7. jayyyy

Gringo Bingo, thats funny.