DUA Reef , Georgia

Discussion in 'USA Other' started by fishnsoldier, May 1, 2010.

Share This Page

1. fishnsoldier

So I finally got the boat out on her maiden voyage. It was a nice 85 degrees, with 10-15 knot winds... Seas 2-3 ft... By Ga standars this is rough I guess saw 2 boats all day. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on at the artificial reef. It is like precision bombing a small reef in a desert. We got the hang of it and caught several black sea bass. Not bad for the first trip with the family. The dog doesn't like the boat I think she was on the verge of a heart attack. The Sea Fox does well in the rough. on the way in I was still able to make 22 knots without slaming. The waves get pretty close around here... due to it being shallow. At 14 miles still only 45 ft deep.... total of like 60 miles today and burnt only 1/8 th of a tank! most of that was running between 20-30 knots....Can't wait to head to the stream...
    [/ATTACH]
    • DUA Reef , Georgia-1st fishing trip 006.jpg
  2. patfishhi

The Noel Clan,

Well well now it must feel really good to get the boat on the water and catch some fish. It sounds like the dog has taken its last boating trip, that's alright more room for fish.

Yep when fishing the Atlantic in the North East burn plenty of fuel just to get to the Blue water. Now 7 miles and on the 1000 fathom curve; so spoiled.

Good goin' Noel...

Pat
  3. jagerhunchback

catching on the maiden voyage is key!!!! congrats see you in July probably July 7th