Dreamweaver "Jessica"

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by got2fishsd, Nov 12, 2011.

Share This Page

1. got2fishsd

I just booked a day on the panga Jessica.

If anybody has fished on the boat is there anything you would have brought along with you? Reels, hooks, floro, food, drinks?

Thanks guys
  2. "O"

Have you contacted the Dream Weaver office yet? I'm sure they'd be able to answer all your questions. It's always a good idea to get a game plan formulated for any charter so that you can maximize your opportunities at the fish that are biting.

You can never go wrong with bringing flourocarbon leader spools with you. Also it depends if you want to fish the boats gear or your own.
  3. Hough

I usually fish on the Dream Weaver boat but I have fished the "Jessica" 3 times when Dream Weaver was booked. I can't imagine you'll need anything that isn't on that boat. If you get Jaime who owns the Jessica as the captain, he's a fishing machine and even has all the kite equipment for Tuna should the need arise. Jaime is the bomb, speaks great english and was born and raised in Cabo. His dad Jaime Sr. is a captain on "Caliente."

Below is a picture some posted awhile back when Dave Brackman & his brother Steve caught and released 91 Striped Marlin in a single day . Jaime is on the left in the picture and was the mate.

Good Luck,

Michael
    • Dreamweaver "Jessica"-91ReleasesTeam.jpg
  4. bbkat

I just got back from my 1st trip to Cabo & I went out on the Jessica Thursday 11/10. I can't recommend Jaime enough. We were the only panga to go where the cruisers were. I went all-inclusive: license, bait, lunch and will definitely do it again. Jaime had great equipment so I don't think you'll need to bring anything unless you have a favorite rig you want to use.

I'll post a full report and pics if I get time later
  5. LarryHaynes

Jaime is the man IMO.

He's a fisherman's fisherman. It's rare that you find guys like him these days. So many just look at it as 9-5 and want to run in as soon as they catch anything decent.

I need to post the trip I took with him not long ago.

Larry Haynes
    San Antonio, TX
  6. buckeyetuna

We fished with Jaime and his Dad this year on the Caliente during WON Tuna Jackpot. Both great guys and great fishermen. Caught 37 Tuna over 3 days. Our largest for the Tournament was 104.3 Lbs. The day before the Tournament we caught 2 that would have been nice to catch a day or 2 later. See below. We estimated the one around 180 and the other at 220+. The big one had a length of 68" and a girth of 55".