Dos Panchos scores on the Hooooo

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Mots, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Mots

[​IMG]

After a long awaited day to leave for Mag Bay, it finally came. We get down to the boat at the coral around 9:00pm 10/17. Get all of are gear loaded, had a few drinks and crashed.

10/18 Get up at 5:00am and shove off for are 10 day trip. The exileration is high for all. On board we have Frank, Capt Mark the Kiwi dude, Gabacho Gordo, Bill the fireman and myself. Clearing the gap it's beautiful and we're all stoked and hoping the weather holds for are journey.
    [​IMG]
    With 6-55 gal. drums on boat we leave Ensenada with 950 gals.......Oh Yea:D
    [​IMG]
    A few paddy YT's for Gordo and I on the way down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this dude hangin out on one of the paddy's.
    [​IMG]
    10/19 We traveled all day and through the night to start day two of at the Ranger bank. Get the Marlin rigs in the water and keep motoring south for Cedros and Benitos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We had three marlin in are spread, but they didn't stick. Bummer for Gordo, as he was first up on any marlin.
    We fished the Islands on the way down and back for some nice Yt's and Checkers.
    Bill with a nice one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We end the day at Turtle Bay and got are BB Oasis right behind us.
    [​IMG]
    Get all eight drums in the cockpit for the last fuel stop until we get back to Turtle. Killer set up The Annabel operation has there. Get on the hook and they bring the fuel to you. Sweeeeeeeeeet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We get on the hook for a good night sleep.
    Oasis and the boys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10/20 Finds us leaving leaving Turtle Bay with a killer sunrise, all topped off and headed for the ridge.
    [​IMG]
    We traveled all day and through the night to get there at grey. And FUCKIN A, was all that motoring worth it.
    10/21-10/23 The weather was so phenomenal we stayed out on the high spots and whacked the Hoo, dodo's and YFT. Everything but Waahoo were released. I never thought I'd here these words come from my mouth "aaaaaaaaaaaaaah fuck, it's another dodo:D". Insane fishing and by far the best trip i've ever had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seen these POS rat bastards out there. Needless to say there weren't very many YFT's after this day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After two and half days of fishing all the freezers were plugged and we decided to start heaeding home.
    Mark hard wired the panchos and rigged up a pump for transfering fuel, oh yea, no more hand pump:D
    [​IMG]
    10/24 Ran accross these guys coming home and just had to stop:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Getting back up to Turtle the weather had changed, but still flat and great traveling back up hill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We filled up and hauled ass up to Cedros to get on the hook for this sunset.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10/25 was are only bad weather day, and what an ass whoppin making the cross from Cedros to the mainland. Absolutly insane weather us. Out of nine days on the water, eight were beautiful.
    10/26 Left Geronimo and all the way back to the Coral. Back home by 9:30pm.
    [​IMG]

28 Wahoo up to 70lbs.

What a great trip!!!! Thanks Frank:D
  2. Saluki

Welcome home.
    Awesome report Greg!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
  3. fishnfool

Great pics!!! Looks like a killer trip.
  4. Surfdoc

I hate you !
  5. Stanley

Am I the only one that has to work around here?

Awesome report and pic's. Congrats. :appl:
  6. Produce Man

7. Mstonefish

Nice trip Furbag:appl:
  8. Marcus

Sounds like an awesome trip congrats!

BTW, I thought you said the weather was good and warm. If that's the case why didn't you take your sweater off? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Kingfish

Hoooooo's yer daddy? I guess Greg is.

What a great trip!!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
  10. SLINGIN-IRON

WTG on a great trip and report
  11. Sluester

Epic trip!! :notworthy :notworthy :High_Five
  12. Mo Betta

Dayum thats one hell of a trip Mots! Throw everything back but the HOOOO, awesome!
  13. Pounder

nice trip fo sho
  14. firedog84

great report
  15. Ali Admin

Stoked for you!

Nice work asshole.
  16. sealskinner

Great pics and report Greg. "We only kept Wahoo". Poor fuckers.
  17. Gil Marlin

It was nice meeting you guys and sharing the water... Hoo madness it was...

Hey Mots, I want to know more about the "Kiwi Shower" you guys all took together at Abre Ojos...:rofl:
    • Dos Panchos scores on the Hooooo-wahoo head.jpg
    • Dos Panchos scores on the Hooooo-wahoo2panchos.jpg
  18. Fish Taco

Awsome well done, that's what I call fishing..........congrats..
  19. Squid Vicious

..................booyaa , Doggie ...................... great report and pics ..
  20. JIGMEISTER

Kick Ass! WTG. That's a killer trip. :cheers: