DOGS PISSING ON MY LAWN

Discussion in 'Personal News' started by BAJA.DESERT.RAT, May 4, 2012.

Share This Page

1. BAJA.DESERT.RAT

i need some advice...one neighbor walks his dog ( don't know who ) and the dog pisses on the same spot on my plants and it runs down my pavers and is staining them and it stinks. GOTTA BE A BIG DOG !

i bought some habenero chile spray and some cayenne powder and spread it all over the area but...didn't work.

anybody have any advice ? can't put antifreeze !

i thank you in advance

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
  2. ?? fisherman

Absolutely DON'T put antifreeze...... that would be a major dickhead move!! It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault.

The unknown fisherman:p:
  3. Fishbones

Lay some Rose stems in the area
  4. nmbrinkman

Approach the owner next time you see them. They probably aren't aware of the issue.
  5. reel man

Had the same problem with people walking their dogs. Most of the time they pissed on the tree in the parkway, but some just had to do it on my lawn which killed spots of grass.

We set a gallon milk container right in the middle of the lawn and so far it's worked. Dogs have left our lawn alone.
  6. lynndeva

post # 24
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/personal-news/425530-getting-rid-family-possums-3.html

once the dog and dog owner get soaked a time or 2, I'll bet it stops!
  7. ConSeaMate

I'm sorry.......
  8. wils

ok, jerry.
    how did you hear of this and why does it work? :confused: :confused:
  9. mercerm

Just make a sign something like:

WARNING
    Pesticide in use
    Dangerous to pets
    Kills on contact....
  10. Saluki

I live at the end of a culdesac & only one block from a huge park, but nooooooo that's not good enough. I had a neighbor who used to walk his dog & let it shit in my yard. He'd attempt to wipe up most of it in q plastic baggy. I asked him to stop using my yard as his dogs scheduled shithouse. He argued that it didn't hurt anything. One day I shit in a gallon ziplock, went down to his house & smeared it on the hood of his car. I haven't seen him walking down my street since.
  11. shellback

second the milk carton thing. dogs dont know what it is so they will not allow themselves to be vulnerable around it.
    that is unless you want to get violent with the owner and smear shit on him or something...
    sb
  12. Warwick

BS without pics. :D :shithappens: :Poop_and_Run:
  13. Blackfish

[​IMG]
  14. ?? fisherman

Water Jugs.... do they, or dont they work, and the reasoning...... These are NOT my words

Let's assume it does work, which looks better on your lawn a small pile of doggy doo that you can scoop up or Gallon jugs spaced around 24-7? I first heard of this way back in the early 70's when an otherwise rational lady down the street had 4 jugs strategically and precisely placed on the corners of her 50' X 50' yard.She swore that since putting them there no dogs used her yard. A little questioning revealed that she had never had much problem before she put them out. Another version of the belief asserts that these water-filled bottles will deter cats from wreaking havoc with the flower beds.

So far it seems that the Govt. hasn't funded multi-million dollar research into the question, all the 'evidence' is from people who volunteer the info that 'it worked for me, or my cousin, or neighbor. It may be that people who have tried and it didn't work are too embarrassed to report that they fell for the idea. But, Jan Brunvand, in his book, Curses! Broiled Again!, tells about a dog walker passing several jugged lawns and then "my dog backed directly onto one of the plastic bottles and left one large turd delicately balanced on top of it." Perhaps its all a plot by the jug makers to increase sales.

Anyway, I visited a bunch of sites and found a bunch of 'reasons' it works, and how to do it from people who have had success. One person did say it was all hooey but that "Semi-rotting potatoes discourage dogs from coming around," he didn't say what the spuds might encourage to come around, how 'semi' rotted they should be, or how often to replace them.

(1) "Dogs won't foul a source of drinking water," or "they won't mess where there's food or water to be found" or "dogs won't foul their own drinking water"-( [in these ( ) will be my thoughts, support, objections and/or otherwise brilliant observations] Since when is a jug a dog's "own" drinking water? The stuff about fouling or messing a source where there's water was obviously written by someone who don't know much about dogs.

(2) they get spooked seeing their reflections and/or the glitter of the water; OR the glinting of the water in the bottles emits some special canine danger signal. ( Dogs are just terrified of mirrors? Water in a jug acts like a mirror?Glinting canine danger signal? " General ! The dogs are in the hills with mirrors sending glinting danger signals!"

(3) It's not the water, it's the bottles--the water just keeps the jugs from blowing over; ( Only thing scarier to dog than a mirror is a jug.)

(4) The water in the jug symbolically marks your territory. A dog who sees a large, clear jug of liquid will assume that the animal who left it there is much bigger than he is and so will not attempt to leave his own mark in the area. ( Dogs now mark their territory by leaving vials of urine? They are now so smart that they compare container size, test tube=chihuahua, oil drum=Clifford the big red dog. Dogs will mark over other dogs marks just to let each other know they are around, dogs will mark over a bitch's mark since they don't send flowers, bitch's will mark over a dog's as a "come up and see me sometime," more important, the jugs act as a convenient pillar to mark.

There seems to be no consensus as to the exact technique. You are supposed to use; plastic gallon milk jugs, glass jugs, glass quart jars, one liter soda bottles, 2 liter, green soda bottles or totally opaque bleach bottles.

They should be filled to the top or only half way or a quarter full or even empty. The lid should be tightly sealed, loosely sealed or left off. You should add pure bleach, half bleach and water, similar proportions of ammonia, or moth balls, turpentine, or just plain water. The jugs should be placed upright or laid on their sides.

The jugs should be placed at the corners of the lawn, at any intersection of pavement, 'somewhere central', or around the perimeter, 25 feet apart, 10 feet apart,or 3 feet apart ( Now I bet that looks nice, jugs every 3 feet.)

I can't definitely say if it works or not, I'd suggest that you follow the above instructions exactly and see for yourself. I can see one reason it might work.

Fill gallon jugs with water. Place them on your yard. Your dog owning neighbors will ask you what the jugs are for tell them that you're tired of dogs messing up your yard and you heard that this would work. It's your last resort, if it doesn't work you are just gonna be forced to call animal control to come pick up all the dogs wandering around.

My opinion is that it works as well as hanging plastic bags with water in them , some say to add a bit of semi-crumpled foil, keeps flies away from your patio. Uh oh, wish I hadna said that.

The unknown fisherman:p:
  15. Saluki

These will keep everything off you lawn.
    • DOGS PISSING ON MY LAWN-Hillary-lawn-jockey.jpg
    • DOGS PISSING ON MY LAWN-obama_lawnjockey.jpg
  16. nmbrinkman

Not everything. You'll be overrun by hipsters and lesbians.
  17. Simon Bon Bowery

Marcus has a nice house....[​IMG]
  18. Mikieb

White guy brown dog ?:dogpiss:
  19. Aggro

Is that Cliton or Ellen? :rofl:
  20. Gil Marlin

Put a bunch of these on the lawn... dogs will assume your yard is already full of shit and leave you alone...
    • DOGS PISSING ON MY LAWN-green.gif