DIVE PARTNER PAIRING

Discussion in 'Spear Fishing Reports and Info' started by fishthirsty, Oct 9, 2007.

1. fishthirsty

Im starting this thread for those needy souls looking for DIVE PARTNERS.
    :cheers::cheers:
  2. Marcus

Good idea but you should put up your experience, freedive vs. scuba, spearfishing, lobster hunting, etc.
  3. c-goat

Last few dives Ive gone solo...easy limits!
  4. Marcus

So what you're saying is we need to get together and grab some bugs right??????? :D
  5. fishthirsty

Im looking to do a dive off of South casa cove Friday or Saturday morning. Any takers? Do some buggin and exploring.
  6. fishthirsty

Well my experience has nothing to do with this thread but since you asked...I'm an advanced certified PADI. Been diving 4 years. Spear/wreck/bla bla. About 40 logged dives. Im just getting my feet wet with diving, compared to some of the people Ive dove with. Mostly boat dives.
  7. dshep75

im looking for scuba buddies to go bugging in san diego...
  8. fishthirsty

When?
  9. Marcus

Diving for over 20 years. Naui cert.

I didn't mean to come across as bad but your experience has everything to do with it when it comes to bug hunting at night. I would rather take out someone who can handle themselves in the water than someone I need to check on the whole dive and their experience means all the difference.
  10. Smudge

Diving for bugs at night isn't a sight seeing trip around the reef.

I know a lot of divers who have a lot of day time dives under their belt, but few night dives or low to zero vis dives. I want to know if you're going to freak out when you can't see your hand in front of your face. Conditions here in SD can change almost instantly.

I'v only been actually certified for about 5 years, but I started diving when I was 12. I worked for my brother cleaning hulls, changing zincs and props. I didn't scuba dive for fun until I was later in my teens. Did a lot of freediving in good water, but most of my bottom time has been in zero to nil vis in boat basins

I for one am very picky about who I dive with period, let alone at night.

I know Marcus and I hit the water and the next time we see each other is back on the beach or back at the boat. Unlees he's trying to poach me on the way around the wall....:D :D
  11. fishthirsty

Well do you want to dive?

Anybody?
  12. Marcus

Sure, when and where?
  13. SpearBacon

Live in carlsbad, Looking to dive in new areas, (outside carlsbad) Will trade spots for spots. Can dive everyday but tuesdays and wednesdays, Thousands of beach and low vis/night dives. Naui divemaster
  14. fishthirsty

Anyone want to dive Wednesday anytime.
  15. holy mackerel

Looking for reliable SD buddys to night dive for bugs... (or day) Preferrably La Jolla, unless you have a boat...

SCUBA or FREEDIVE... To be honest I can only hold my breath for 30 secs, so I prefer SCUBA for bugs... But open for both...

Qualifications: Advanced Dive CERT, been on several night dives, I understand, night diving for bugs is almost a solo enterprise... we will just be on the same dive site during the same time... but it makes me feel at ease, when other divers are in the water, and you are looking around by yourself. No, I WILL NOT shine my light at a bug you are gonna pounce, or a crevice you are looking in.. I hate that...

If you have a boat, even better, I'll pay 1/2 expenses...

send me an email sdholymackerel@gmail.com

Weekdays: Monday through Friday 5PM to ~10PMish

Weekends: Open (except during Charger games)

Chris
  16. fishthirsty

Anyone want to scuba on tuesday. PM me and well talk details.
  17. BrokenBackRebel

I just quit my job at the tackle shop so i got some spare time on my hands. Im down to go buggin anytime anywhere. went to the coronados yesterday to chase some tail, lil choppy but 50+ ft vis so if anyone wants to go back i'll cover my $hare. Pm me or call me 619 381 4513
  18. ThreeLeggedMule

We (wife and I) have both been diving for at least 12 years each. I was an instructor for PADI for 4 years. We both have loged thousands of dives each... localy. The wife gets over an hour sightseeing on a 72. I always have my head in the holes jacking creatures out of their hiding spots, 50 min on a 95. We have a Skagit Orca 24 SC and go to Catalina 3 times a month, at least. If you are able to dive safe (navigation, solo, night, etc.) and generally not need to be rescued. and have a shit load of local dives. We will provide the transportation to the island, food and beer. The boat does not run on thanks.

Send me a PM...
  19. Kanco

NAUI Open Water 1 certified for 18 years. Do primarily solo dives since I have not been able to find a reliable and consistent dive buddy. I have all my own gear and boat.

I do most of my diving during the lobster season so I am very comfortable in low and no visibility diving (A must if you are a solo diver)

I launch out of DAVIES ramp in Los Alamitos Bay most of the time. Dive buddy must be a self reliant diver with day and night diving experience with his / her own gear and willing to share the expenses. You keep what you catch and share what you want :)

Next time I head out, I will post here to see if anyone is interested in joining me.
  20. VERGIE

YOU KNOW IVE BEEN FREE DIVING PALOS VERDES COAST SINCE I WAS A KID,AND HAVE NEVER FELT THE NEED TO GET CERTIFIED.IVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM CATCHING MY LIMIT IN THE SHALLOW.THE LAST FEW TRIPS I DIDNT EVEN HAVE MY FINS ON WHEN I CAUGHT MY LIMIT.JUST FOOLING AROUND IN THE SHALLOW ON LOW TIDE DID THE JOB. BUT I FEEL ITS TIME ,IVE BEEN TRYING TO TALK MY BROTHERS INTO GETTING CERTIFIED WITH ME,ITS JUST BECOME A MATTER OF TIME NOW.ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD PLACE TO TAKE THE COURSE IN OR NEAR LONG BEACH AREA.