Custom 24' Skipjack

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat' started by ?? fisherman, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ?? fisherman

ATTENTION: This boat is now for sale as of 5/21/07....... more details on page 2

SALE PENDING 6/13/07

Well ive been pondering over selling my boat for over two years now and still cant make up my fricken mind as I trully love this boat and the thought of selling it kinda kills me, but certain situations and needs may make me do so, but who knows and as of now im still keeping her!

This boat has been a hobby of love for me and I am constantly searching for ideas to make the boat more unique and functionable as well.

I have done a bunch of starboard work recently and still have more to do as well as numerous other projects, but $$ being a bit tight and a spunky 4 year old have slowed things down quite a bit lately for me, and I figured I better post up some pics I took of her today incase I do get the nerve to sell her, but I gotta say getting her out on the water today with my wife & daughter was an absolute blast which makes that decision all the tougher.

[​IMG]
    Custom stainless work thruout, with custom welded rails, custom stainless swing down arch (although I never swing it down), custom stainless bait tank rod holders, custom stainless step ladder/flybridge grab rails & rod holders as well as a bitchen bow pulpit & swimstep.
    [​IMG]

Old wooden steps taken off and replaced with Starboard (Gawd I love that stuff!!) as well as the lower cockpit sideboards and flybridge side panells, with work still in progress as I plan on redoing the entire cabin door and molding surrounding it
    [​IMG]

Stainless rod holders on bait tank and tank lid soon to be redone in starboard.
    [​IMG]

another view of bait tank as well as the new starboard sideboards that not only serve as storage for dock lines/gaffs/you name it, but also function as very usefull toe holds when battling fish in sloppy conditions.
    [​IMG]

Some inside shots.
    The inside cuddy of these 24' Skippys are just HUGE and have tons and tons of storage!!
    [​IMG]

Fridge & Tackle drawers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Huge V berth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More storage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The unknown fisherman :p
  2. Kurt

That thing is nice! You really have put it together well.
  3. Swazi

Very nice indeed. That starboard work looks great. What is she powered by?
  4. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

Nice boat, I feel your pain Bro, I want a bigger boat but I'm having trouble putting my Skippy up for sale
  5. Saluki

She looks beautiful Mike.

Damn nice lookin boat!
  6. Captain Curt

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet ride. That thing would make any skippy owner proud.

Curtis..........

The boat Hanna...........
  7. midnightrambler

wow that boat looks awsome
  8. Razorback

BEAUTIFUL SLED -

Do anything you can to keep her - unless you're moving up?

I'm miserable w/o my skiff. But those kids have a way of shifting your priorities. :food-smil
  9. UnReel

Dont do it. That is a bitchen ride indeed and would be very very hard to replace. If you did though I'm sure it would sell in a second. I'm kind hurting $$$ wise as well but would never sell the ride, would sell my truck first :). Anyway , hope it works out for you and you get to keep her.

p.s great pics of the ride !!!!! We need to have a BD skipjack jamboree ;) :D.
  10. Mots

Really nice boat Mike, as said above. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!