color preserver question??

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by ronny, Jun 8, 2007.

Share This Page

1. ronny

hi, what is the best color preserver to use that doesn't darken up any color threads. (especially yellow on a tan rod) When I used it on a tan rod with yellow thread, the thread turned gold color. Which is the best preserver to hold any color??
  2. DocSki

Hi Ron. I would say Flex Coat is going to return the color closest to the original. I have has some good luck with Diamondite CP but it will darken the thread a little. Try the FC first.
  3. sasman

And dont forget to let the cp dry for a day. I didnt and got lots of little bubbles. Never try to get a rod done in a day. :imdumb:
  4. Zombie

Ron,
    I use U-40 Color Lock and it has a tendency to darken a bit. Are you using nylon or NCP? I assuming nylon (hence CP) but I generally use NCP (with CP) on the lighter colors to hold the color a bit better.
  5. ronny

I am probably going to use NCP yellow size A with color preserver. I am putting the yellow on a tan blank and just don't want the thread to turn gold, like what happened to my last rod.. i want it to look like a bright yellow on the tan rod and not darken the yellow..
  6. The Bushman

Ron, you could also lay down a layer of White A thread under the yellow. That will tend to keep the yellow looking bright! Maybe try it on a test wrap to see the difference!.