Coast Guard Searching for Missing Couple in Oceanside

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Got Wasabi, May 9, 2008.

1. Got Wasabi

Coast Guard Searches for Missing Couple off Coast of Oceanside

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Contributor: FOX 6 News Staff
    Email: newstips@fox6.com
    Last Update: 7:58 pm
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Print Story | Email Story
    <TABLE class=TextSizeSelect><TBODY><TR vAlign=absbottom><TD class=TextSizeS><INPUT id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_small onmouseover="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_small').src='/images/textsize/small_hover.gif';" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" onmouseout="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_small').src='/images/textsize/small.gif';" type=image alt="Set Text Size Small" src="http://www.fox6.com/images/textsize/small.gif" name=ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$CommonPage$CommonBody$CommonContent$CommonLeftColumn$Main$V$_$TextSize$small></TD><TD class="TextSizeM TextSizeSelected"><INPUT id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_medium onmouseover="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_medium').src='/images/textsize/medium_hover.gif';" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" onmouseout="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_medium').src='/images/textsize/medium_selected.gif';" type=image alt="Set Text Size Medium" src="http://www.fox6.com/images/textsize/medium_selected.gif" name=ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$CommonPage$CommonBody$CommonContent$CommonLeftColumn$Main$V$_$TextSize$medium></TD><TD class=TextSizeL><INPUT id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_large onmouseover="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_large').src='/images/textsize/large_hover.gif';" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" onmouseout="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_large').src='/images/textsize/large.gif';" type=image alt="Set Text Size Large" src="http://www.fox6.com/images/textsize/large.gif" name=ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$CommonPage$CommonBody$CommonContent$CommonLeftColumn$Main$V$_$TextSize$large></TD><TD class=TextSizeXL><INPUT id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_xlarge onmouseover="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_xlarge').src='/images/textsize/xlarge_hover.gif';" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" onmouseout="javascript:document.getElementById('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize_xlarge').src='/images/textsize/xlarge.gif';" type=image alt="Set Text Size X-Large" src="http://www.fox6.com/images/textsize/xlarge.gif" name=ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$CommonPage$CommonBody$CommonContent$CommonLeftColumn$Main$V$_$TextSize$xlarge></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG] Josh Hartman's boat, "The Pelican"

Coast Guard officials searched Friday for a man and his fiancee who went missing while boating off the coast of Oceanside, authorities said.

Josh Hartman and his fiancee Anna Martin were last seen departing the Oceanside Harbor in their 32-foot fishing boat, The Pelican, at about 7:30 a.m. Thursday, according to a Coast Guard spokeswoman Anastasia Devlin.

A friend made contact with the couple at 3 p.m. but that was the last time anyone talked with them. Hartman's father and brother reported them missing at 8 p.m., five hours after they failed to return as scheduled, Devlin said.

An HH-65 Jayhawk helicopter crew searched the area until sunrise Friday but found nothing, Devlin said, noting that a C-130 aircraft crew was dispatched to take over the aerial search shortly after 8 a.m.

See coverage of this story tonight at 10:00 on FOX6 News.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. Ed Y

CG was sending pan-pan's all day for folks to keep a lookout. Per the CG, boat is a 32ft Radon. Last reported location was 6 miles off San Onofre.
  3. Stanley

I'm hoping they just went up to Dana Point and got a room and are not hearing the radio broadcasts.

Hoping for the best.
  4. Ed Y

Not looking good...

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border -- Missing boat Pelican found unoccupied on Rosarito beach

9:39 p.m. May 9, 2008

ROSARITO – The fishing boat Pelican, missing since Thursday with an Oceanside couple on board, was found washed up Friday night on the beach near Rosarito, the U.S. Coast Guard said. No one was on board.

AdvertisementThe fate of Josh Hartman and his fiancee, identified by authorities only as Anna, remains unknown.
    Coast Guard Lt. Jeremy Denning in San Diego said he got word about 8:15 p.m. from a television station in Baja California that a boat that appeared to be the Pelican had washed ashore north of Rosarito.

The Mexican Navy towed the vessel to an Ensenada marina. Denning said a Coast Guard investigator would be heading there to look over the boat. Photos of the 32-foot fishing boat, sent to Denning by Baja California media, showed that the registration numbers matched that of the Pelican.

Denning said a Coast Guard C-130 aircraft, which had been searching the ocean from Los Angeles to the Mexican border, would be called off.
  5. Stanley

Well that sucks. How the hell did that boat get from the Domes down to Rosarito? Hijacked?

This is friggin' wierd.
  6. Deep Colour

I'm a friend of the family. Josh was last seen fishing for Bonito south of San Onofre power plant. He was on a wide open bite, fishing with jig poles. On friday,I criss crossed the area looking for them and found no signs. All anglers in the area please keep an eye out. I figure he was jig fishing on auto pilot with a heading of aprox 180 degrees. The boat was found in Rosarito with no one on board. We have the Hartmans in our prayers.
  7. Duramax

Very misterious.
    Hope they find them.
  8. Huntndogs

From San Onofre, I doubt the vessel would drift south and end up on a beach in Rosarito. Very strange story...I hope they are found OK also.
  9. Afry

Doesn't add up, being there were two onboard. Thoughts and prayers.
  10. marlyn

sounds very strange to me,it doesnt seem that the boat would end up where it did? a 32 radon would be a perfect boat for hauling a large illicit cargo from mexico.i hope the two aboard are found safe somewhere.this just does not add up,prayers for the family.
  11. Luhr'd Away

Very sad story. I will always carry my 45 on board. You never know. It better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one. I really hope they are OK
  12. neatnick

13. Duramax

Amen!
  14. rojodiablo

I wonder if the boat was out of fuel?? If the autopilot were on, and say he went overboard, and his GF tried to dive in to help for some reason, then the boat would just motor away until it ran out of fuel. It's a strange story, and very sad.
  15. Husker Heaven

That's the speculation/rumors going around the harbor, that somehow they went overboard with the auto-pilot on - but there's no way to know for sure. That would explain, though, how the boat ended up down in Rosarito in such a short period of time.

There was a pretty good article in Saturdays NC Times that said he was very experienced, but his fiance had just started working with him on the boat the week before.
  16. Vermonster

Saw something last night about the battery being drained, but other than that, everything was normal. No sign of struggle, nothing. Definately weird for sure..... :confused:
  17. Radon32

hey guys and gals ill start with a intro of myself im paul hartman, josh hartmans brother and part owner in the commercial vishing vessel pelican. i want to thank you all for the overwhelming support we have had in this trying time. I also wanted to let you all know that tomorow is josh's birthday and we are having a vigil/party for him and my sister in law to be down at oceanside harbor commercial docks tomorrow night. everyone is invited to join. please come and show your support for the family as we await the return of our beloved friends
  18. Stanley

What time at the harbor?

BTW: The other day (when they first found the boat) the news said Mexican Authorities made 2 arrests. I haven't heard anything else about that. Anything you know?
  19. Radon32

start showing up at 6 things will get started with a prayer at 630. coast guard could not verify the arrest to me
  20. jesse

Prayers for thier safe return.