Cinco de Mayo Tiger

Discussion in 'Florida Sport Fishing Reports' started by Snookslayer08, May 7, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Snookslayer08

The past three years we've seen quite a few tigers off our beaches around the last week of april and this year hasn't been any different. Headed out saturday on a mission to top my best from last year 9' 4" and accomplished just that. Got baits out by 7 and started staring at rod tips. Right after sundown we get the nurse curse and start thinking it was going to be a bad night but we're waiting it out for awhile. Around 10 i see the tip of my rod bouncing then the Avet 80 lets a nice steady click let her chew on the bait 300yrds out when she drops it but comes back after 3 or 4 times and takes off at a good pace let her eat just a bit more throw it in strike and let her have it.

Hooked Up
    [​IMG]

Took a good amount of line then started to go north and didn't want to come over the bar at all leaned back with all i had and got her over then she decided to come back south. After 45min in the harness several nice runs with 25-35lbs of drag and violent head shakes we got a look at the beast a nice fat tiger Troy grabbed the leader and chris got the rope on her.

Took 4 of us to drag her far enough to work with her but still have her head in the water.
    [​IMG]

Snapped as many pics as possible but worked fast to get her back in no measurements but i'd say a good 10-11' and atleast 400lbs
    [​IMG]

12/0 circle right in the corner
    [​IMG]

Dragging the beast back to have her pups and eat some more turtles
    [​IMG]
  2. Harrington89

Made my day seen those pictures! Fucking AWESOME! I am moving to Florida!
  3. salmonhawk

What a fish!!! Congrats!!
  4. Capt. Louie

Great fish and a good release.
  5. BrassyHooker

Holy Shit!!!!!