Catalina Classic is in overtime! Qualifying fish just caught!!!!!

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by ?? fisherman, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ?? fisherman

Thats right! Now read this and read it carefully cause this is history in the making right now.

The Catalina Classic went into overtime today as they extended it to a day 3 as no fish of the minimum weight were caught for the first two days. This means all the money rolled over into day three which makes the possible winnings staggering if you are a boat that is in all of the daily JPS.

Well guess what???

Team Chaser has weighed in a reported 175lber and whats better yet is they are covered across the board!!! What this means is that if this fish holds out for the remainder of the day, then this fish could possibly be worth over $392,000!!!!!!!!! This would set a new dollar amount paid for a striped marlin.

Here is what has taken place today:

Alley Cat - Released a fish @ 8:18am

After Midnight - Released a fish @ time unknown

Good Karma - Had a double going and released both fish, one @ 9:06am and one @ 9:12am

After Midnight - Released a fish @ 9:45am

The unknown fisherman:p:
  2. The Notorious S.U.A

3. SCARECROW

Is this like a " Race " who can post first? :fighting0061:
  4. The Notorious S.U.A

everything is a competition. you know this.
  5. SCARECROW

:frehya2: LOLLOLLOL
  6. ?? fisherman

Good stuff George!! Keep it comming as I am running around doing numerous things today but cant help but to keep checking on this stuff. Big big $$$ on the line today.

Team Chaser has to be sweating bullets right now big time! Their finger will be nubs from chewing on them all day LOL

By the way, I have heard three different weights for Chassers fish so far, have you heard what appears to be the correct weight yet??

7. af dreamer

as long as the Bad Co. if floating i would be real nervous.They cost our crew $500000 in the bisbee a couple years ago,last boat in,took us from the penthouse to the outhouse.Tom
  8. ?? fisherman

There are a few boats to be nervous of at this point. Bad co is definetely one of them, but even more scary if you ask me is Gambler! If they report in a hook-up, then team scrambler better start praying HARD! I have never ever seen a team as uncanny as they are at pulling in a big kicker fish at the very last minute!!!! They have done this so so many times it's amazing!!!!

9. af dreamer

Billy and his crew along with his old man are great.Tom
  10. UnReel

"then this fish could possibly be worth over $392,000!!!!!!!!! "

What happened to the roll over cash from last year ???
  11. mahi

Any info on the grid these fish were caught in? I agree with the others. It is still wide open, but I would like to have a 175 on the scale versus a last minute miracle. Too bad about losing a 1/2 million fish in the last hour. I don't think Cabo has enough beer to cry in.
    Bob
  12. ?? fisherman

The money did roll over. There was $63,350 that rolled over from last year.

Below is this years vs last years payouts

2006--------------------------------2007

1st Place - $35,000 vs 1st Place - $73,500

2nd Place - $14,000 vs 2nd Place - $29,400

3rd Place - $8,400 vs 3rd Place - $17,640

4th Place - $5,950 vs 4th Place - $12,495

I edited the chart above to show the difference in payouts from last year and this year.

13. UnReel

Thanks.

By the way Congrats on the new little one.
  14. Deyl88

what area are they getting most of the fish?
  15. Stoughty Rods

Just read this:

"Good Karma reported to have a double on and one boated- H-7, one fish taped out at 90 1/2"--- hook up time-- Good Karma-- 2:18, boated fish 2:36, conformation photo is a water bottle on the fish!- ETA to the weight in dock 4:20/ 4:25 stand by---"

Fishing Report
  16. ?? fisherman