Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat' started by nosurf4u, Dec 7, 2012.

Share This Page

1. nosurf4u

Got this Calibogie 15, and gettin it going! Redoing the whole thing, re routing steering/controls back under the deck (what a bitch, there is no tube or anything under there..just foam!) going to install a 28gal gas tank lengthwise behind the seats with a bench built in top of it, new elec, etc. Pics as progress goes. Found out that the OG railmaker for these and Hobie Power Skiffs is in Costa Mesa....fab me up new rails and bench frame for nice price, yay!!!
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-378843_3901960989695_852187751_n.jpg
  2. jaw1970

cool, looking forward to it
  3. skiff

NoSurf- Are you sure you want to go under the deck with the cables? Seems like that could cause problems down the line, especially with all the foam down there? I'd seal that thing up tight and keep the cables up above; easy enough to find a place to re-route them that's out of the way. I've had several buddies take Hobie Power Skiffs/Caliboogies and completely re-work them, and in all cases the cables were above the decks. Good luck with your rebuild, those are some of the most bitchen little 15' hulls out there; you'll really have something cool when you're done.
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h1.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h2.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h3.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h4.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h5.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-h6.jpg
  4. Hooops

Rad skiff
  5. Joeyw

Nice lookin skiff you got there. Looking forward to seeing the finish product
  6. nosurf4u

Hey, you got me thinking!!! Since I will be installing the fuel tank lengthwise behind the seats with a bench over it, I just might run the cables with it!! Damn, what a load off my brain!! I suppose there will be other things to trip over anyhow!! Thanks for the tip!!
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. Aliikai17

Those cables always break or seize. So having access to it is key when on the water! I'm building my 17 whaler and pulled all my wires out of the middle tunnel…. Goodluck ill post my build soon!
  8. skiff

Yeah, some of the models from Boston Whaler had their control cables running under the deck, and from what I always read on the various forums, that single design element really caused problems and wreaked havoc with the boats as they aged. Going above-decks will be a much better way to go.
  9. undrH2Ohntr

Looking forward to following you progress. I think I spoke with you on the Hobie Power Skiff thread on Stripersonline. I was the guy looking at either HPS or Calibogie's. I just picked up a nice HPS (1990 hull and 70hp Yamaha). The boat is clean, I'm starting out with some minor work here and there, stoked none the less. Good luck with rebuild.
  10. skiff

Hobie Power Skiffs are bitchen little boats, stock, modified, however.... Phil Edwards really created a timeless classic when he designed that hull. When I had my 15' Whaler, all my buddies in their HPS's would run away from me when running uphill....I just couldn't keep up with them with the way that their hull knifed through the chop just about the time my Whaler started to get slap happy and get airborne. You're going to be super stoked on this boat when you get whipped 'er into shape.

Below, some photos of various HPS's in all their incarnations...
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b1.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b2.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b3.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b4.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b5.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b6.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b7.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b8.jpg
    • Calibogie 15 rebuild....gonna be a sick one!-b9.jpg
  11. nosurf4u

View attachment 445874 90% done!! All new wiring, lights, steering system, patched/painted, seats installed....took it out for a sea trial and little bugger hauls ass!!! Now get the railings, windshield, and all the electronics installed, and then time to be postin some damn fish pics!!!!!! Yeeewww!!
  12. nosurf4u

All done!! Now I need some damn time off to really get fishy!! 1001349_4995367204167_1632356521_n.jpg 998180_4995367524175_378106303_n.jpg 1044126_4995368844208_2127676863_n.jpg 1000701_4995367804182_1892960574_n.jpg
  13. live2fish

hey i saw you at the ramp and pointed out your hole in the hull,
    did you ever get it fixed?
  14. cammackattack

how fast does it go and what size motor do you have on it
  15. sbsurfer

I have a Yami 50 4 stroke on mine (the green/white one pictured above with the pilothouse, which is now half gone) and it'll do 30 knots no problem....conditions permitting ofcourse.
  16. cammackattack

I have one and have a 40 hp fourstroke yamaha i haven't put on the water yet but should be lighter than your so hope it dose 30
  17. cammackattack

Here's a pic

image.jpg

image.jpg
  18. cammackattack

Before I rebuilt

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  19. sbsurfer

Looks great...you splash her yet?
  20. cammackattack