Cabo 1/16 - 1/20 on the dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Iceberg, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Iceberg

Where to begin?? I have never in my life seen marlin fishing like this. It was ridiculous! Of our three days of fishing we decide to do tuna first,
    then marlin, then dorado and whatever else we could find, then back to marlin because everything else was pretty slim.
    [​IMG]

One football on the troll

[​IMG]

Decided to hit the marlin grounds. Was wondering if there was a structure or something like the rock down in PV, but nope. All you had to do was look for the parking lot of boats. Within two minutes of reaching the group of boats we were on our first striper. Just a runnin and gunnin. We would see 1-2-3-4-5 marlin at a time. Captain guns it right next to them, we throw some macs and it's bendo. Why can't it always be this easy?
    Dave with a nice one

[​IMG]
    Me with one. Don't mind the tattoo, damn squid row....

[​IMG]
    Jumpin
    [​IMG]
    Sean on one
    [​IMG]
    Fish wouldn't tap out. Yes this was Saturday before the UFC fight.

[​IMG]

It was wide open for little roosters
    [​IMG]

That was fun, but we had to get back to the marlin
    [​IMG]

And when we weren't on the water we were doing our best to find some split tail. Let's just say in January the fishing grounds were less than ideal

[​IMG]

Overall it was a GREAT trip! Ramone and Fernando are top notch! The boat is awesome! And not expensive at all! We fished till our biceps burned. All in all I think we caught around 21 marlin, 10 roosters, 6 sierra, 2 dorado, lots of triggerfish, 4 pelicans, one seal, and WFO beers. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
  2. Thestickyfrog

Those final numbers a great and all, but how many roosters did farmer Dave harvest on that trip?
  3. uccreading

[FONT=Tahoma, Sans-serif]Hey Jeff,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Sans-serif]Great report and pictures! I see you used the Archer spreader bars for the Tuna - I love those things. Ramon and Fernando are truly the real deal and as you stated, the boat and gear are top notch.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Sans-serif]Jack[/FONT]
  4. public enemy

7 marlin a day pretty good score but not that special sorry
  5. Tues

STFU! Go eat a penis...

6. Iceberg

More like 10 Marlin in about three hours of fishing 2 of the three days. So averaging about 10 marlin in 3 hours... Not bragging or anything but we honestly left the marlin to go catch other species. It's a lot more impressive than Dana Point. Sorry. LOL

7. Thestickyfrog

10 marlin every 3 hours? weak.
  8. Iceberg

If you would have reeled faster...
  9. Diablo

Hey Public Enemy,

How about you post some of your Dana Point numbers you Dick Head. You've probably never caught 10 Marlin in your life let alone in a few hours.

Nice work Jeff and gang.

Ed
  10. dhamarsportfish

good job theres good fishing down in pv area ok big blues and blacks
  11. Getbent 65

What a goof! Get a life...why would you pull shit like that fucker...I hope you lose your job to the recession.

Go to hell
  12. OMEGA

Congrats on a Nice Trip. Those numbers sound very solid for this time of year. If the fish are around DreamWeaver will find them.

Once again Congrats.
  13. public enemy

1 day total 48 fish for 4 guys I had 16 and 1 in less than 40 seconds. In seven days we caught 243 fish sorry could not reply back to my comments sooner as I just returned from a two week vacation in Thailand. Was not meant to sound cocky but you know there is probably better scores happening somewhere else down there. There are guys catching over a hundred fish a day now with IGFA observers on board video included. My advice to you is try the Finger Bank sometime then maybe you won't think I'm full of shit. ENOUGH SAID:nutkick:
  14. Iceberg

Wait I'm sorry, is bloodydecks a forum for ONLY impressive posts? I realize you are a guest, but people here post what they find and where, whether it's good or bad. If you don't like it then go back to Thailand.
  15. Thestickyfrog

40 seconds? sorry not that impressive... I gaffed one and had it in the boat in 15 seconds.
  16. extraction

Public Enemy,

I was going to leave this thread alone although I agreed with what the others have already posted that your statement to these guys who came to Cabo for for a good time fishing "7 marlin a day pretty good score but not that special sorry" was insulting and condescending
    . But then you had to go and post what your numbers were for fishing in Cabo which you seem to think are impressive. They're not!

Just so you don't break your arm patting yourself on the back with those numbers you posted, I could get four girls together in Cabo and beat those totals. If you think 243 Marlin in 7 days with four guys is anything special at Finger Bank, you don't know the first thing about fishing in Cabo in the Winter and those numbers of yours are really pathetic.

Read this article in last years Marlin Magazine. The event involved just 5 boats with IGFA observers and all Marlin that were caught were video taped. All Marlin were caught on 8/0 Eagle Claw Circle Hooks on 30 pound line and all Marlin were released. I was one of the boats involved and here are just the numbers for ONE of those boats in TWO DAYS of fishing not the 7 days you and your three friends fished. These are all World Records by the way.

Most Marlin Caught in a Single Day by One Boat (8 hours) 190
    Most Marlin Caught in Two Day's (8 hours per day) 330
    Most Marlin Caught by a Single Individual in a Single Day (8 hours) 52
    Total Marlin Caught in two Days by 5 Boasts (8 hours per day) 1,157

http://www.marlinmag.com/other/marlins-top-captains-and-mates-1000061286-page-3.html

Anyone of the five boats that fished this gig crushed those girlie numbers you listed and none of us are an esteemed Captain from Dana Point like you are.

Now the point of all this isn't to brag about how many fish someone catches but your insulting comment you made to these guys. Like most people who come to Cabo to fish, it's either their first time or maybe they come once a year. Obviously these guys had a great time as evidenced by their pictures they posted and the words they wrote. Per a follow-up post they made, it turns out they actually averaged 10 Marlin in just three hours before they went inshore to doing some other type of fishing. Given those averages, once again these guys would have kicked your ass! I know girls who have caught more than the 16 you claim to have caught in one day and you're a Captain from Dana Point????????

If you'd like to continue this debate with me here's my offer to you. You come to Cabo and bring one friend. You charter any boat you like and I'll put my observer on your boat and you put your friend on my boat as an observer and we'll go fish. You and I go man to man for 8 hours for $5,000 and the one who catches the most Marlin at the end of the 8 hours win's the $5,000. We'll get Ali the Bloody Decks Administrator to hold the cash. Oh, just to make it interesting, I'll spot you five Marlin because you're going to need a whole lot more than the 16 you once caught in a single day. So, put up or shut up.

Now, why don't you be a real man an apologize to these guy's you insulted last week.

Tom Lansing

P.S. This girl in the picture, who lives in Cabo, caught 12 Marlin several months ago in 6 hours but then she's not a Captain from Dana Point.
    • Cabo 1/16 - 1/20 on the dreamweaver-charlotte.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  17. bassjedi

Geez, quit while you are behind. Or better yet, apologize for pointlessly belittling this guy's report. Everyone on this board should be encouraging reports like this, not putting them down for no reason. Great report and pics, guys.
  18. Iceberg

Thanks extraction, you explained what I was feeling a lot better. And yes, this was my first marlin trip ever and I had such an amazing time it can't even be described. Cold beer, kick ass reggae, great weather, great crew, great fishing. Can't ask for anything more.
  19. mc08066

Iceberg,
    Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us. I am happy to read a fresh report no matter what the outcome is. Great, good or whatever. Trust me there are a thousand of us that would love to be on your fishing trip. I have been on trips where 40 guys were on a party boat and only two bonito's were caught. Makes you realize that anytime you catch something it's a good thing.
    Thanks again for your post.
    Regards,
    Jimmy
  20. Ali

Jeff,

You had an epic trip, don't let some pencil dick knock it.

7 Marlin is SMOKING anywhere!

Thomas - I will personally need to inspect your boat REPEATEDLY before I can take part in such an event. :D

Nice rig and hot girl!