BRIGHT & MORNING STAR 6.5 days Guadalupe Island

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by psycho4speed, Nov 3, 2008.

1. psycho4speed

Thank you to the crew at BRIGHT & MORNING STAR.
    Awsome trip, awsome group of people that were there.
    Everyone caught good numbers of Yellow Fin Tuna.
    Saw three really big Great White Sharks.
    One of them was about half size of the boat.
    The weather was great.
    Hope to see you guys next year.
  2. PaDDy Killer'

How about a report?
  3. Team Buddhahead

4. bunker hill

I wouldn't go on that boat for free too many f'ing rules! I don't wat to be told what I can and can't say THE BOAT SUCKS!!!
    I went on a day and a halfer a few years ago as a last minute option. Had no idea what I was in for!! what a nightmare:Exploding_Smiley:
  5. marlyn

i know what your talking about bunker.....
  6. psycho4speed

42 Calico Bass, 254 Yellowfin Tuna, 15 Yellowtail, 110 Rockfish
    Size of fish was only 30-40lbs.
    The price on the boat is very cheap.
    Only $1k for the trip.
    I guess you pay for what you get.
  7. Bajabil3

I totally agree, that boat and crew gave me the worst day of fishing I've ever had. The Skipper actually came over the loudspeaker and threatened all of us not to return to shore until his missing bungee cord turned up and the thief was brought before him. Thought we were dealing with Capt. Bligh. Then the deckies insisted that I use the pinhead chovies because he was chumming with the big ones. The galley operator in those days insisted on getting a tip in his jar for each purchase. Plus the dipstick crew wanted 5.00 per fish for each Bonita they filleted, plus they sd. they expected a added tip.
    There are a lot of good quality boats to fish on that will give you a better experience. Their total lack of concern for the passengers amazed me; all they wanted was $$$$$.
    You couldn't pay me to go on that boat.
  8. http404

Geebus, this thread went south in a hurry.
  9. GUERO

dropped an F bomb one day and Ben talked to me, won't do that again
  10. aguachico

HA! It's too bad about the BMS. I'd never catch it again. It draws too many rock cod fishermen on tuna trips.
  11. marlyn

that boat takes it to the extreme,bright and morning star stories would make a good thread....
  12. sam1963

Went out on it for the last time last August on a 2 and 1/2 day trip. The whole fleet was fishing to the west. Ben wanted to fish to the south off Colonet. Long story short, we fished the same pattie two days in row for baby dodos and baby yellows. The twerp in the galley starved us, the rooms were freezing and the galley twerp on the last night fed us speghetti for dinner. After dinner, I went outside to b/s, came inside to grab a beer and the crew is eating steak and mashed potatoes. They fed us spefuckingghetti and the crew eating steak? And then, when people are taking a shower after dinner, the unibomer lookalike that sits on the bait tank all day is shutting off the water when people are still in the middle of their showers and laughing about it with the galley cook. The boats that fished the outside had good scores of blue fin and albacore. The Point Loma boys had a lot of great looking fish laying on the sidewalk which made my walk across the parking lot very long. I'll never ride that boat again. There are thirty-six witnesses to this story. P.S. They overbooked by two.
  13. spike

Big
    Mound of
    Shit
  14. wahoodad

FUCK, YOU CAN'T SAY FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK?
  15. wildcat

he likes to get in the Pacific Star chumline too...Fuckers..Aaah, sorry for swearing..
  16. marlyn

wahoodad,that is EXACTLY what happened to my buddies brother,it was comedy.FUCK! IVE BEEN SAYING FUCK MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE AND YOU FUCKING EXPECT ME TO QUIT SAYING FUCK JUST LIKE THAT?IM FUCKING TRYING YOU FUCKER!
  17. goldminer

Note to self: Don't consider the Bright and Morning Star for future trips.
  18. getoffmyback

I wouldn't fish that POS if I won a free trip on it....I dont think I'd want to risk a trip out the G-Spot on it either, mechanically, its a disaster
  19. wahoodad

FUCKIN A! YOU FUCKIN WANT ME TO NOT SAY FUCK WHILE FISHING? YOU ARE FUCKING SHITTING ME!
  20. Saluki

I use Fuck more than "an" or "the" when talking.
    They won't let me get within 100 yrds of the boat.
    Great fishing platform for families or bible thumpers.