BOLA,W/MR BOB BAKER&"ROSARITO JIMMY"

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Captain Juan SQ, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Captain Juan SQ

mr bob baker plan'd a try to bola,rosarito jimmy wantted to go also,I fish'd with bob on the 9th &10th,then with jimmy on the 11th and 12th.
    BOLA was going off,fish all over the area.baite was not hard to find,the weather was outstanding,and the catching was what we all dream about.heres a few shots of out trip.

we drove two cars,heres bob at the catavina river wash.

IMG_2589.jpg

there she is the sea of cotez,I love this spot,10 minutes to go and youre there.

IMG_2594.jpg

we stay'd at guillermos,and went fishing with joel jr,first day we fish'd the south end of angel de la guardia island.

IMG_2605.jpg

we made baite right in front of the ramp.
    igor galvan was there,intense as always,ready to fish,one of the best in bola,here are his numbers,...igorgalvan@hotmail.com.
    011-52-200-124-9271.muchas gracias por toda tu ayuda,igor,al rato nos vemos.

IMG_2610.jpg

joel jr,took us to the secret spot,and we startted fishing.

IMG_2636.jpg

bendo bob,............yeaaaaaaaaa.

IMG_2620.jpg

bob's first fish........nice bob,25?26?27?28 at da' bar?

IMG_2618.jpg

bob's life long friend jimmy,with a nice fish.

IMG_2635.jpg

jim giveing his hand a helpping hand after pulling on a few tails.

IMG_2629.jpg

one more for jim.

IMG_2624.jpg
  2. undrH2Ohntr

Looks awesome... I had to laugh at the "secret spot"....classic. I leave manana.
  3. mafrancis66

Eric, what time are you hitting the road? I posted details of my group on another thread. Just good to be on the look out for other BDers. Have a safe trip.
    Mark
  4. Captain Juan SQ

cabrilla sardinera for jim.

IMG_2662.jpg

bob was on fire.

IMG_2645.jpg

great work on that fish bob.

IMG_2649.jpg

man!!this warm water tails pull hard,hard and hardder,wow!

IMG_2653.jpg

bloodydecks.

IMG_2657.jpg

jim fish'd this fish for 20 minutes,she looks like 35 or so.

IMG_2669.jpg

joel jr and sr run joel's eco tours,great guys very friendlyn they speack inglish well and love to fish,give them a try.
    here are the numbers.joe_prieto@hotmail.com,01-200-124-9160.

IMG_2670.jpg

we got back by 1 and unloaded in fron of the hotel.

IMG_2687.jpg

second day look'd like it woud a little windy,the baite was scatterd,so we stay'd close,we fish'd smith island,we pickt up 8 macks,and put 8fish on deck.

IMG_2704.jpg

wow! lots and lots of light around.

IMG_2730.jpg
  5. bajabum

Nice report and pics as usual Juan.
  6. Captain Juan SQ

it was jim's turn to be wide open.

IMG_2762.jpg

one more sardinera for jim.

IMG_2794.jpg

come on bob reel,lift and reel down,lift and reel down,haha,we love da' paine.

IMG_2793.jpg

our new friend bill.

IMG_2787.jpg

little smith island,we fish'd right next to it.
    we left early,bob wanted to be in sq on sunday.
    muchas gracias bob,for one more outstanding trip,jim it was great to fish with you again.thancks.
    IMG_2776.jpg
  7. lilharcher

great trip. congrats.
  8. 4baja

your killing me!!!!
  9. 24baja

So nice Juan!! thanks for posting the stories and pics. We had to go down early this year May 17 to May 30 so missed the wide open bite. We managed to picked up a few YT, Cabrilla, and 41 Bonita. Oh yes and on beautiful Golden Grouper which was released. Well happy fishing everyone!!
  10. Captain Juan SQ

so,bob got on the road about 2 pm on sunday,and jimmy show'd up at 3,with the parker in tow,great timeing,we checkt in at guillermos and got ready to fish the next day.

there was some light clowds comming in as we startted makeing baite.
    here is"rosarito jimmy"his cusin paul and there child hood friend mark.

IMG_2912.jpg

the light was outregius,heres carloses little boat.

IMG_2881.jpg

here some more bloodydeckers makeing baite in da' light,wow!!!!

IMG_2897.jpg

we headed for the secret spot,BUT,it was blanck.
    furtunatly igor hade given me some other numbers to a spot he say'd woud be on fire.

IMG_2915.jpg

igor was right on the money,we pull'd up to this spot and it was going off,
    birds all over the plase,yellowtails crashing on baite,it was as wide open as it gets.
    IMG_2929.jpg

nothing huge,BUt lots of them.

IMG_2932.jpg

we limmited out in a couple of hours,and headed for snake island looking for some cabrillas sardineras.

IMG_2954.jpg

snake island was slow on the cabrilla,so we headed for the devils couldren,lets go jimmy its only 30 miles,i'll drive.

IMG_2960.jpg

the weather on the east side of isla angel de la guardia,was flat water and blue on blue.

IMG_2962.jpg

we pull'd up to a geografic moment,tousands of pelican everywere,and the sardineras.............well they were wide open.

IMG_2975.jpg
  11. Captain Juan SQ

wow!paul fist cast,dammmmm thats nice.

IMG_2976.jpg

one for mark,nice!

IMG_2977.jpg

outraygeous jimmy,beautyful fish.

IMG_2978.jpg

I jump't out of my skin a hundred time in a couple of houres of cabrilla fishing.
    IMG_2982.jpg

awsome jimmy,wow!!

IMG_2983.jpg

salas 7x light,scramble egge.

IMG_2984.jpg

the scinery in this area is epic,theres vistas everywere you look.

IMG_2987.jpg

we kept 12 fish and put everything else back,wow! what a rushhhhhhhhh.

IMG_2995.jpg

sail fin rock,I love this rock,that I do.

IMG_3000.jpg
  12. flyliner

13. Captain Juan SQ

that was an incredible day on the water,next day,monday we made lots of baite fast and headed for the south end of la guardia,you gess'd it it wide open.

IMG_3022.jpg

makeing baite.

IMG_3023.jpg

we limmetted out reel fast and heade for the bar,yesterday was a very long day,so we restted and party'd with our new friends.

IMG_3032.jpg

this gruop of outstanding yung american could wright the book on howe to party well,thancks for the memoris,the fine food and youre friendship.

IMG_2863.jpg

our new friend bill.

IMG_3015.jpg

and pete,please call me "PEDRO"fun and a great story teller.

IMG_2861.jpg

and that was out trip,thanck you bola for a great time,will be back reel soon.

IMG_3049.jpg

we stop'd in catavina for some bean burritos,we hade plenty of time ,so one peso andy toll'd us some storys.

IMG_3077.jpg

the gas station in catavina was working.

IMG_3067.jpg

the parker spun a berring,five mile outside of catavina,we deflated the tire,took it of,and pull'd the boat back to catavina,jimmy carries a full set of berrings and other esential parts,we pull'd into the mecanico shope,and they hade us on our way in 45 minuts,wow!!

IMG_3106.jpg
  14. Captain Juan SQ

a couple of hours later were pulling up to the san quintin valley,and a full on june gloom,nice,I thinck i'll kool down for a couple of days.
    thanks jimmy for sponsering me one more time on onother great trip.

IMG_3117.jpg
  15. prolinegd

Great pictures, I feel like I was on the trip. Thanks! I miss going into Baja.
  16. TsTime

Great pictures and story, leaving manana for un semana! Gracias Juan
  17. undrH2Ohntr

Sorry just got this....we were supposed to be across the border right now LOL....but my notoriously on time dive buddy is late:rofl:
  18. curt lj.

Juan, your pics reely tell the story. but sometimes it hurts to look. wanna be there too!!!!
  19. robertebaker

Great thread Juan. I felt like I did it all over again. Don't forget to schedule the big WSB's for me and my nephews next month in SQ.
  20. Grand Slam

Juan... you out did yourself. Thanks.