BOLA 7/3

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by 4baja, Jul 3, 2009.

Share This Page

1. 4baja

FISHING WAS SLOW TODAY FOR FIRECRACKER YELLOWS AROUND HORSE HEAD ISLAND. WATER HAS WARMED UP TO 75-76 AND YELLOWS ARE GOING DEEPER. STEVE AND CLIFF FISHED TODAY AND GOT AROUND 6 FIRECRACKERS SLOW TROLLING AND I PICKED UP ONE ON THE IRON. A COMMERCIAL GUY REPORTED SEENG A DORADO IN THE CHANNEL UNDER A PADY AND LOOKS LIKE THERE STARTING TO COME IN. AIR TEMPS AROUND 92 WITH LOWER HUMIDITY, WIND OUT OF THE SOUTH OUTSIDE AND COMEING INTO THE BAY OUT OF THE NORTH. WLL FISH THE LOWER POINT TOMORROW FOR OUR LAST DAY OF FISHING, LEAVEING FOR SAN QUINTIN SUNDAY. BEEN A GOOD TRIP AND WILL POST MORE PICS TOMORROW. HAPPY 4TH TO ALL AND I HAVE A FEW ROCKETS:gaygroup: TO LITE TOMORROW.:Death_To_Above:
    • BOLA 7/3-june 09 056.jpg
  2. bruteforce

hey for baja i returned on monday from down there tried to reach you by radio but no luck.i fished guadalupe the big rock just north west of smith and had 20 each day on yo yos and bait down about 110ft.we fished the north side of that little island or rock about fifty yards from it and did well.good luck
  3. Hard at Play

Seen both you guys down there. We did ok at La Raza Island with 20YT about 15pds all on pink lures. Had some boat trouble and left after two days of fishing.
  4. 4baja

we fished early today and ended up with 6 yellows, two of them in the 48# range will post pics when i get back. i was on 72 all day and didnt here much. leaveing tomorrow.
    • BOLA 7/3-june 09 091.jpg
  5. ##1Bayrunner

Saw both you guys out there, fished mainly close by, got a couple of yellows at coronadito biggest fish around 30lbs. the weather was great
  6. BradGaucho

I'm heading down on Thursday for 3 days of fishing with Alfredo. You guys are getting me excited. Thanks for the updates.
  7. baaadlybent

Holy shit Steve! Those are the best yellows I've seen down there in a while. Deep on bait? I'm thinking of heading down on the 16th for four days. I want to burn some gas looking for the first dodos. Hopefully someone doesn't beat me to it before then.
  8. dernypaulina

Doug,

We'll be there on the 20th, so if you find them first be sure to leave some for us! We'll probably pass each other on the hwy. How about holding a filet or two out the drivers side window for a hand off?

Have a safe trip.
    P.