BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by lynndeva, Sep 11, 2011.

1. lynndeva

As Stephen Flynn from the Center for National Policy and the organizer of today's summit says, "First responders will always do their best to assist us. But, in real life, success or failure in our moments of greatest need is usually determined by the actions of regular people."

BOATLIFT pays tribute to some of those who answered the call on 9/11/2001. We should all be prepared to do the same.

Tom Hanks narrates the epic story of the 9/11 boatlift that evacuated half a million people from the stricken piers and seawalls of Lower Manhattan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg&feature=player_embedded
  2. katlyn

Tom Hanks dis-likes guns and fishing, loves seals and will be the first to collect $$$ for taking advantage of the situation without thinking of making a donation before taking the cash..... F him !
  3. lynndeva

this isn't about Tom Hanks or donations or seals...
  4. Oingo

Dude, really?? Get a clue......
  5. calbrewguy

Thanks for posting that. People in the maritime world have always come to the forefront in some of the worst conditions known to humankind. Never forget!
  6. katlyn

without a doubt, but he just got payed a grip for his nerrative(sp) and most likely will donate dick to any fund he won't make money off of...I don't like his happy ass....just me
  7. lynndeva

really? you know he got paid a grip for the 11 minute narrative? google "Tom Hanks donates" ...you might not like him (who cares)..this was about ordinary people, ordinary boaters who stepped up to help their fellow human being..not about what you think of Tom Hanks.
  8. Fishbones

Why are all your threads so controversial Debi?:rofl:
  9. lynndeva

• BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience-slinky.jpg
  10. Double Z

Nice one A.. I mean "Debi..."
  11. lynndeva

I actually had another member send me a pm asking if I was Ali?????
  12. DoubletroubleII

Ah geez..........sorry about that Deb.

When will people learned that no matter what political affiliations they happen to believe in when it comes to helping or protecting your own you must lay them all aside.
  13. lynndeva

yes..words of wisdom..
  14. mallard

Thanks for posting that young lady . may we all answer the call that well when put to the test .
  15. Jig Strike Staff Member

That is getting old.
  16. Double Z

Funny.
  17. lynndeva

18. Jig Strike Staff Member

I have been on both ends of that.
    Not a Donercycle, but, close enough.

Amazing what people will do on nothing but instinct.