Blake Jones Derby????

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by Beer Goggles, Mar 19, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Beer Goggles

Did anyone make the Blake Jones Derby in Bishop this weekend (March 17th)? We had to cancel because of the weather and I haven't seen any results/ pictures posted online..??
  2. jfirey2001

We were there. Weather was not too bad actually, 60's on Friday clear skies over the Valley most of the day. Saturday it rained a bit up at the reservoir and near the weigh-in, but only for an hour or two. Little cooler Saturday, but the sun came out for the winners announcements.

I think big fish was about 13lbs, can't remember the exact weight for sure.

Not many people were there compared to other years, guessing the forecasts scared most people off.
  3. Phreaky

13 pounds ?? A Brown or a Mega Bow?
  4. jfirey2001

I didn't see it. I think it was probably a rainbow, DFG was stocking some pretty good size fish all week and through Saturday. We saw quite a few larger ones being caught from Owens and the reservoir.

Blind bogey was set at 14 ounces, if I am remembering correctly.
  5. Beer Goggles

Thanks for the update I was bummed I had to miss it...I had (3) kids under 5 going with me so I didn't want to make the drive and get stuck with the weather...I will have to get up their for the Eastern Sierra opener at the end of April...Anyone have any pics of the derby???