billy nik derby

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by silver slayer, Feb 2, 2011.

1. silver slayer

anyone else gonna fish it this year feb 19th. I will be out there don't know who's boat yet. I gotta be a ho for this one. see you there:finger:
  2. goatram

More info Daddy?
    Might entice me
  3. BugeaterInWa

Hood Canal derby, same weekend as the Discovery Bay err whatever its called now derby.
  4. Glad Wrap

The fourth annual Billy Nik Fishing Derby, held in memory of the late Steve Uhinck, will be Saturday, Feb. 13.
    The weigh-in will be held at the Misery Point Boat Launch. Scales open at 7 a.m. and close at 2 p.m.
    The Discovery Bay Salmon Derby, normally conducted on the same weekend, but not this year, the Billy Nik gives fishermen another derby to consider. The top three cash prizes are $1,000, $500 and $250.
    Entry fee is $20 and includes a post-derby party with pizza and live music at the Kitsap Golf & Country Club at 7 p.m.
    All proceeds support the Steve Uhinck scholarship fund that goes to Bremerton students.

For details, call Rick Uhinck at (360) 479-6677.

:finger:
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. tacklejacked

Is it Saturday or Feb 13th.....Sat is the 12th, which if memory serves me right is the correct day of the derby.

I might pre fish the canal this week, that will determine if I do the derby.
  6. fishchasr

I was just thinking the same thing. The Kitsap Sun reported it wrong also. I believe it's supposed to be Saturday, 12 Feb.
  7. silver slayer

the flyer said the 19th I will call today and find out for sure
    to anyone that has not fished this derby it is a great one the after party is alot of fun and they give away alot of prizes in the raffle theese guys put on a great derby for a local one. they also moved the after party to kitsap golf and country this year so it is a little easier then driving across town and partying.
  8. silver slayer

john if you want to fish it I know the fishery pretty well and can help out with intel. not sure how much you fish the canal. we are gonna get out before and do some scouting.
  9. silver slayer

its feb 19th just looked at their facebook page billy nik fishing derby
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  10. Glad Wrap

yeah the 19th it was the 13th last year I believe I copied and pasted the info from last years kitsap sun.:waglleybooty:
  11. tacklejacked

My bad on the date..Thats sucks to, think Im headin to Sekiu that weekend to bang out some blackies.