BARRETT - August - Fun Fishing

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by WAR, Aug 16, 2012.

Share This Page

1. WAR

BARRETT Lake, CA - is still fun fishing. This late summer jig bit is still on. The water levels are dropping, probably 5-8 ft from the last time I was out. Bigger fish were in the stick ups and on the boulders. Schoolies busting on shad in the main lake arms.

Swimjigs/Creature baits in the darker colors worked best. 1/4oz, 3/8oz and when the wind came up 1/2oz.

Schoolies ate the 1/4oz War Head and 3.5 MC Swimbait, the small RattleTrap and the small Kastmaster.

Get out there before it closes. Good luck!

Afran
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/4oz with a Berkley Crazy Leg Chigger Craw/Pumpkin/Blue Flake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Junyy

Get em.
  3. Smudge

I was about to send you a PM Afran! Going Sat with my boy Gus! Can't wait. I think it's been since 2008 since I've fished Barrett. I've hunted there recently but haven't fished it in a while! Thanks for the report brother!
  4. WAR

Matt, go get em! It's really fun fishing.
    I used 20lb flouro for the leader, the boulders and sticks up got pretty nasty.
    Good luck!
  5. Smudge

All over it!
  6. kidfisher828

Nice report, I havent been there since june but it sounds like its doing better now....what rod are you using for the swimjigs?
  7. WAR

My swimjig set up is
    Abu Garcia Revo Premier
    Shimano Cumara MH 7'2"
    30lb Power Pro
    20lbs Fluoro
  8. kidfisher828

Thanks! Warbaits are BOSS!!
  9. Smudge

Just picked up another handfull of your Jigs Afran. Didn't want to raid my calico/spottie box for the green bass! LOL

I'm stoked for tomorrow!
  10. WAR

I want to hear your report!
  11. Technician

Nice fish bro, I haven't had a chance to get out there this year and probably won't get one either. At least someone's out there slaying em.... Keep it up pics are way cool also.