Bait stick for Saltypup

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by SALTYDAWG, Mar 13, 2008.

1. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

My 10 year old grandson is signed up for a 3 day july tuna trip with me this year and he's just a little fart so I wrapped him a 3/4 scale tuna stick. The blank is a GUSA SW 65H that I took 8" off the butt end so it's now a SW58H LOL I scaled it down to fit him 13" from butt to reel seat center. I was able to use small diameter hypolons after cutting off the thickest part of the blank, So the for grip fits his puny little hand well. Mounted a Cofe'ed Penn 975LD He should be ready to go. I cant wait to see him hooked up to an albacore with it LOL
    • Bait stick for Saltypup-l1.JPG
    • Bait stick for Saltypup-l2.JPG
    • Bait stick for Saltypup-l3.JPG
  2. fishnfool

What a great grandpa. Sweet little setup right there. He should knock the crap out the Albies with that.
  3. el capo

Are those perfection guides?
  4. Sofia Rose

He's a lucky pup!

Nice job Bill, as always.
  5. Johnnyfish

Very impressive, Bill.
  6. drseiler

reminds me of a ton of great times fishing with my Grandpa. He can't get out anymore I wish we could fish like that one more time. Nice work. Your a good Grandpa.
  7. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

pac Bays, And yes they are shit too. This rod was one in the batch that got me on the perfection rantLOL
  8. fishnbuddy

Wanna be my grandpa Bill? I'll catch lots of albacore with a nice custom rod too. If you have any grandson openings let me know!! Awesome custom job on the rod!!
    ...fishnbuddy
  9. Zombie

Bill nice rod. Not sure if I'm more impressed with the rod or the fact that you were a Grandfather at 41. LOL.
  10. el capo

I am interested in some of this alps equipment I see.I do like some of the concept sic guides that fuji has out right now.Every time I make a rod with perfection a mandatory inspection is made personally so that I dont get some crooked guide.Pain in the ass but I guess it goes to show that you get what you pay for.Where do you buy these alps products?
  11. flamekeeper

Great rod Bro. I'm sure your grandson is pumped up.he will enjoy it for the years to come,He might even give it to your great grandson..lol.
  12. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

Yeah, Back then I was single and still chasing young women, When he learned to talk and started calling me grandpa, I settled down and grew up, Man I've gotten old in just 10 years LOL

I order the Alps stuff online at acidrod.com
  13. marlyn

fuckin a grandpa!you build rods and have a diesel flybridge skippy,your a grandsons wet dream.
  14. No fences

15. Hooops

Bill - think I'm on that trip (ST Trip?) - looking forward to fishing with you and seeing your grandson bend that new rod...
  16. WreckinBall

Nice goin', Bill. Get that kid a "Saltypup" waterslide for his sticks, 'cause you know you're gonna build more of 'em.
  17. YANK N CRANK #2

You are a kick ass grandpa!!
  18. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

Yep, ST Jult trip on the Pac Voyager
  19. The Bushman

Very cool Bill... I'm sure he'll love it!!
  20. Eye Problem

Nice, how is Mclovin anyway?