Bad news on the Q105

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range Fishing' started by Lil Ceez, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

1. Lil Ceez

Just got a call from Big Ceez (Chris) on the Q at the docks.

An older Gent had a MASSIVE coronary while fighting a fish and dropped dead on the spot. Joe did the usual "Is anybody on ANY kind of meds. Why? What kind? the usual before departure. The guy never said a word.

Chris, Cappy, Tim, and both Travis', Grant including Joe Crisci helped all they could. Mouth to mouth, defibulater (sp), the whole nine. No dice.

The guy was gonners before he hit the deck.

The guys did the best they could. And asked to post this on here. Gotta be a weird thing to try and bring somebody back.

The fucked up part was, a few anglers calling for gaffs, walking around and over the guy and those helping, and asking for refunds as the guy is dying, and the crew is OVERTIME trying to revive him.

Chris and the rest are obviously shaken.

Prayers go out to the man who passed, and the AWESOME crew that tried to save the mans life.

R.I.P.

Holla

Lil ceez
  2. PHOTOG

WOW, Thats tragic, prayers to the family, sad.
  3. riverplayer

Thats exactly how I wanna die! Sad but I am sure captain and crew did all they could. Its happened before in the LR fleet and I am sure it will happen again.

R.I.P
  4. ConSeaMate

God Bless the Old Fisherman......
  5. fishpainter

I was on the Gamefish of of Dana Point back in 87' and a dude did the same thing..the crew worked for an hour..he was blue and gone when we unloaded him.
  6. Deno

RIP...Thats how I want to go also...That our Chasing down a big ass Elk in the Rockies…prayers to the family. Deno

7. GUERO

Just talked to Chris as well, they're at Shelter Island Customs offloading the body with the coroner, sad. He said the rest of the guys on the boat showing no respect at all and they have to head back out for another day. Somehow I don't see them with their hearts in it now,
  8. barracuda Killer

that happens about every year in our fleet. Sad that someone passed away, but if I had to choose, I would want to go the same damn way. I'm certain the crew did all they could, sad to hear about people acting in a disrespectful manner.
  9. serenity now

I am amazed by human behavior at times. I have fished with Captain Joe & the Q boys many a day and love that boat & crew. If I am Joe, I make a list of the complainers by name and on the way back in tomorrow night, get everyone in the galley and call them out in public and tell them they are no longer invited to fish on this boat. If you lose a few customers over something like this, so be it. Who would want those idiots as customers anyway. Unbelievable.
  10. Enfuego

Prayers to his family. And a :finger: to the SELFISH bastards aboard giving the crew a hard time. A Human life was lost, wake the fuck up.
    If that was their relative, I am sure it would have been a different story.

Kudos to the crew & Capt for doing the right thing.
  11. Troy

RIP fisherman!

Unfortunately I'm no longer surprised by people's actions these days. Respect and common decency is hard to come by sometimes.
  12. branman

Sad indeed, Hopefully he loved fishing - if your gonna go, might as well be when you are doing something you love.
  13. johnnylite

St. Peter will ask him what was the last thing you remember? It was a big one and man was I having fun thanks. To the other people unbelievable. Not really but sad.
    Prayers to the family and to the crew who will remember it also.
  14. MikeyLikesIt

ya know, I think I agree. :)
  15. daddysgirl

it'smy understanding,that the crew and customers,...usually take a vote and ask if anyone dies, should they continue fishing? Most of them say fish on...?? may he rest in peace....
  16. jeh1955

Wow, I just got off the Q on Tuesday. That is very sad. Condolences to the family. I was on the Coastside 5 day. I don't believe anyone on our trip would have acted like that. I'm sure all fishing would have stopped as soon as a fellow fisherperson went down. I can't believe any sportsperson could be so selfish.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  17. mercerm

There is no telling when your last grain of sand will fall through your hourglass of life. I would hope that mine would fall when I am on the ocean. My prayers go out to the man and his family. I would hope that upon reflection, the anglers who were so rude would be able to look back on the events of the day, learn a little something, and maybe just maybe become a better person in the futture. But for now, they can wear the title asshole.
  18. Darylfw

Its how I want to go just no time soon. Prayers and condolences to the family.
  19. Saluki

RIP fisherman.

Thank you to Capt. & Crew for trying your best to save him.
  20. Tar Pit

Was this the "Lets Talk Hook up" 3 day trip? (7-29/7-31) If it was I can't wait to hear their side of this. I like the list idea.