Are super ninja heads better than other fish heads?

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Forum' started by wisebob, Jan 31, 2010.

1. wisebob

Super ninjas carry a premium price compared to others like Matsu. What have your experiences been with them?

thanks,
    bob
  2. kaimikai

the super ninja lure is not a cast resin material. it is a liquid acyrlic mix that seems to be quite strong...they are expensive but from what i hear from some guys that own them...they catch fish...but then again,alot of lures catch fish!!!...buy what you can afford and you will find that the cheaper lures will catch you just as much...i make custom heads and i still buy heads that i know work...good luck
  3. Addicted2fishin

If you believe a lure head can outperform others than it is better. If you have no faith in it, then it is not good to own. I have faith in certain ones.. .I love Matsu's and now really like Tsutomu lures. I have a friend who has bought and sold a ton of different lures. He won't sell his Super Ninjas. I have seen them in action and can honestly say... I love my Matsu's, Tsutomu's, and Hawaiiseaslures better. Cheaper thats why...lol.
  4. BuonaForTuna

Bob You are in luck if you want some great quality lures for a very reasonable price because Garrett Lee lives in Honolulu Hi. And makes some Awesome stuff. I own alot of his lures and i recommend that you give them a shot here is the link to the website. You can also contact him here on BD under the SN (Tsutomu) Tsutomu Big Game Fishing Lures
  5. navyaircrew

you can certainly make a super ninja head look like a Opelu, i think... i like em alot... Eric does a good job on em... non of mine have chips at all... even after plenty ono and marlins...
  6. gofish808

Love the super ninjas.....almost always have one in my spread. If I catch an ahi on the troll 9 out of 10 times its on the ninja....but maybe thats cuz its always out? I have lost 2 of them so far and it sucks to see all that $$$ sink to the bottom of the ocean. Like Buona says, Tsutomu lures are damn good too. I got a few of them from him off of ebay for deals. His fishhead plunger got me my biggest marlin @ 500lbs...which was also the same day my son was born, so that lure is in semi-retirement (yea im guilty, I was fishing while my GF was in labor...mybad).
  7. CMonster01

They work like other lures, but supposedly they are harder to destroy. I have no problem with running them. I routinely get pissed off when a resin head cracks to the point it can't run anymore, and I have not seen that happen to super ninjas yet. They come with a stopper and are already lined with line saver, so somewhat easier to rig.
  8. hb1111

we use one that catches everything it never stays home and its all busted with marks a true performer
  9. marlinmike

If you believe a lure head can outperform others than it is better. If you have no faith in it, then it is not good to own.
    this is the most powerfull statement in this whole thread!!!!
    big mike
  10. tsutomu

I agree with RJ as well, you gotta pull the lures that give you the good vibes. Like mentioned the plus side of a super ninja is they catch fish and don't break. Thanks to you guys who are giving my stuff a try. I really appreciate it!
    I think matsu's and hawaiiansea lures make great stuff as well. Another lure maker that I think does some of the sickest fish heads is Odagiri but I don't hear him mentioned much when it comes to lures. Any thoughts on why?

Jason, I would be stoked if I could get a picture of that marlin. If you're down I'll trade you for a replacement of that semi-retired lure.
  11. wisebob

Thanks for the feedback guys. Going to get a Tsutomu fish head. Can't wait to give it a try!

bob
  12. Kolina

Every thing people said so far is true!

Lure fishing has everything to do with confidence. If you have confidence in the lure your dragging. It will be in the water more often therefor getting more chances in catching fish. It works the other way also if you don't have confidence than it will sit at home catching dust instead of fish. Couple of things is for sure in lure fishing some lures work better than others and the only way to find what works for you is to try them out. What ever you run run them right and true. I tend to make a pattern that is full of lures that has worked before and try a new one every once in the while. You'll be surprized sometimes when you pull an old faithfull out that has all the scratches, dings and scars from previous fish. Just to have get slammed again again and again! Hope this helps Aloha Walt
  13. MidwayJ

I run my super ninjas a lot, so they do spend a lot of time in the spread, but it seems like when they slam, its always something big- marlin, ahi, bull mahi. Lost my favorite ice blue this summer when a slob marlin ripped it out of the rigger next to the boat while we were doing 2kts trying to relocate a pallet in rough seas. Not sure what that means but I think I said before on this forum that if that lure had a vagina I'd marry it, and I stand by that statement. It's also one of the few lures I own that has caught fish off Heeia AND Waianae. Most of my lures work one side, but not the other.

On another note, garret's lures look siiick, especially the one in his avatar. And I think everyone here is right on about the best lures being the ones you have confidence in.
  14. grander007

my fav fish heads are Odagiri's - green, blue and purple, 12" preferred...lots of marlin...

while we're talking lures...put a purple softhead in the spread every time...any position, preferably short...

tight lines,
  15. gofish808

Garret that sounds mean....shoot me your email and ill send some pics over. Think i might even have one w/ your lure on it. Gonna get couple more lures from your website. Aloha
  16. cheehuli

Are the Tsutomu lures available online only?
  17. jonesd055

PM Garrett, I picked mine up from him at his shop in Pearl City. Beautiful lures that work and super cool waterman/craftsman that makes them.

Oh yeah and Super Ninja's don't work just like Archerbars don't so just send them to all to me and whoever got that Super Ninja package deal on Craigslst I hate you.
  18. tsutomu

My email tsutomulures@gmail.com
    Thanks!!!

Maui Sporting Good in Wailuku Maui is the only tackle store they are in. But if you live on oahu you can come by the shop if you want to see them in person

Anyone else from the islands who stumbles upon this and wants to try something, feel free contact me direct... I'll make a BD's discount. Thanks!

Jonesy... thanks for the continued support.. have you been on the water lately?
  19. cheehuli

Maui Sporting Good in Wailuku Maui is the only tackle store they are in. But if you live on oahu you can come by the shop if you want to see them in person

Anyone else from the islands who stumbles upon this and wants to try something, feel free contact me direct... I'll make a BD's discount. Thanks!

Mahalos Garett. Yes I do live on Oahu. I'd love to come by and check out some of your stuff. Will hit you up.
  20. cheehuli

Mahalos Garett. Yes I do live on Oahu. I'd love to come by and check out some of your stuff. Will hit you up.