Anyone fish the Bright and Morning Star?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by whammy, Aug 29, 2007.

Share This Page

1. whammy

Customer of mine down at Fishermans Access hooked it up big time with a 1/2 off pass on any of the Bright and Morning Stars trips... so before i dish out some money i wanted to get some feedback on this boat. Im thinking of getting on the 3 day or the 4.5 day looks like theyre going to cedros and fishing san martin. Thanks for the help in advance
  2. MM2

make sure the cook shows up MM2/Charlie PM me
  3. Derfsondeck

I've fished 3 multi day trips on it,2-2 day one 5 day,wasn't bad.got lots of fish,its kinda like the motel-6 of sportfishing.They have reduced their passenger loads which should make it better.If you're getting a really good price do it.
  4. spike

5. Ready4TheYellow

I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one and shut up.....

although the cook was great...
  6. Enfuego

It's a very rocky boat, but one of the fastest in the fleet. The last time I was on there I had a great time.
    It is the motel 6 of fishing.
    They are running half off/buy one get one free deals all season.
    Make sure to take some Dramamine if you get sick. That boat in weather is not fun.
  7. Weazel

I went on a 5 day trip on that boat about 3 years ago. Yeahhhhhh, I'll never step on that boat again. I call it the BMS, POS for a reason.
  8. ahidog

Past experiences could be null and void as recently John Groman (former owner operator of the Pegaus) has taken the wheel and the owner of the BMS, Ben Griffith, is his relief. These two have over 75 years combined experience and know fishing. That said yes as a long range boat it is no frills but at a good price. You wont have a shower in every state room or your own tv and VCR. The food will be good homestyle cooking not gourmet fresh baked bread. That being said the average guy cant afford too many LR trips a year and those that do wouldn't care for this boat.

For the working guy this is a good boat that handles weather well (although it can be rolly in the trough).

I have run the boat several times and I gaurantee it's safety and that the skippers are very competent.
  9. GUERO

dropped the F Bomb one day on the boat and Ben gave me a stern talking to..........
  10. WIDEOPENBITE

11. fliper45

Well said Tom. I've fished the BMS three years running.They well put you on the fish.
  12. Jaydog

Jesus on Board!!!
  13. fliper45

A little help from above always helps too.
  14. Saluki

Very family orientated.

Great boat for kids and those who don't want to be around profanity.
  15. The OG Hooookup

I'll never fish with Ben again. I don't like being preached too and yelled at for letting an occasional f or s bomb slip.
  16. fliper45

Did find a hole f....ken box a Bananas in the galley one trip and managed to convince the cook, Lowie to get them off the boat and as they were launched from the sun deck....instant hook up (believe the banana thing gent's)
  17. rsees

I like the boat. Fished it several times. The owner Ben is a great guy so is his wife. She is very personable. Sign up now.
    Ron
  18. michael mclough

I had a albicore charter and real enjoy the family attitude. No cigars and whiskey.
    Good professional deckhands and Captain Ben got on the fish. The La Mesa Kiwanis can vouch for the operation.