Any feedback on Defiance boats?

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by 5150dude, May 30, 2007.

Share This Page

1. 5150dude

There was a whole bunch of threads about Defiance boats during and before the boat shows.
    I have not seen any in "check out my boat".
    I looked hard at them when I was in the market but went with the Parker. I am very very happy with my 2320. I know a bunch of others went Parker as well.
    I was just wondering if the Defiance went over well or if they are soon to be history (which would be sad as they are nice boats).
    Regards,
    dave
  2. la vida

They look like a nice skiff.But when I grow up I want your boat.
  3. Afry

I hope they won't be history...I want to check out that 195 Yellowtail.

If the Parker dealer doesn't sell some of those boats sitting near DL I suspect there might be a little history there.
  4. 5150dude

Sundance Marine told me they sold 20 Parkers from all the recent shows. I've seen a lot of posts from the buyers but no Defiance buyers except one guy up North who ordered one.
    That 195 is a cool little boat.
    dave
  5. 20 boats? Hrmmm. Heard it was less than that.

The Defiance 195 YT is more than likely going to be my next purchase in September when I get back from Hawaii. It's up in the air right now between the Triumph 215cc and the 195yt. Anyone else have any info on the Defiance?
  6. TeamGracza

we came pretty close to buying the 195 YT at the day at the docks in san diego and the price was very reasonable.I think they are very nice boats.
  7. HUMBLE 1

Go see them in person. They are right off Hwy 5 at the corner of Lst and Industrial in Chula Vista next to the Fun 4 All. They are sweet. Nice pilot houses and sport cabins.

I.B. Don
  8. michael

If I was able to park it right next to my house, I would have bought the 195 YT and already outfitted it by now. I don't want to go the storage yard route.
  9. Don, thanks for the headsup on the location. I was wondering where they were. Heading down there tomorrow to check it out.
  10. 5150dude

I thought the 195 was on their website but it is not. I saw them online somewhere and they are a nice little boat!
    It doesn't look like too many bought the 220 by the result of this thread.
    dave
  11. Afry

12. Ali Admin

We just signed these guys as a sponsor.

Jason and I were given the full rundown on the boats at the show and we were both thoroughly impressed.

Since then we have been in contact with the manufacturer, Palmer Marine. As many of you guys know, these dude also build the Shamrock boats. Shamrocks have a great reputation and following and honestly I'd expect the same from Defiance given time.

Bo says the boats are selling faster than they can make them. They are just now crakcing the so-cal market.

Jason and I will be sea trialing one in the next 30 days or so. We'll put up a post with our honest BD Style feedback.

I really think these guys have a bright future in our market. They have applied all the latest technology like computerized design and wood free manufacturing to one of the most popular boat styles on our coast.

They promise a better ride and fuel economy. Their fit and finish is already way ahead of Parker IMO. We shall see.

Palmer Marine
  13. Im so sold on the 195yt. It is one of the sickest boats I have seen in a long time.
  14. scorch

I also looked hard at this boat at FHSD. I'm having a hard time convincing myself that 50 gal's of fuel is going to be enough? I realize size, weight, and HP rating are factors, but 50 gallons just doesn't seem to be enough?
  15. Firebird

My Boston Whaler Montuak 190 has a 60 gal. tank but it weighs about 600 to 800 pounds more than the YT 195.
    I can make it round trip from Newport to Avalon at full throttle on a 1/4 tank. That's 15 gallons to go about 60 miles. So theoretically I can go well over 200 miles on a sinlge tank at full throttle. I have a 4 stroke Mercury.
    I can spend a full day cruising around inside the harbor fishing with my kids and never even see the fuel gage move.
    I think that YT 195 is pimp, and 50 gal. with that 4 stroke Yamaha is plenty. I'm guessing it would have the same range as my Whaler.
    The only drawback with the YT is that I couldn't fit it into my garage because of the pilot house. The Whaler just barely fits.
    They don't give a price for the YT but my Whaler was around $30K with boat and trailer and many extras like built in live well etc. I'm guessing the YT is around the same.
    I love my Whaler but if garage storage is not an issue, you should for sure get the YT 195.
  16. michael

Wasn't the 195YT about $30K at Day at the Docks?
  17. Jericho Advertiser

They have an ad in PCS for 29k, don't think it includes a trailer. Looks like you could probably get one rigged and ready for under 40k.
  18. Afry

50 gallons is plenty, my cat weighs about 300lbs less and gets about 250 miles out of it's 52 gallon tank. Plenty for any run you will want to make around here or fuel for a week in baja onboard.
  19. Barbarosa

I talked to them yesterday; ballpark $34,900 for boat, 115hp and trailer.
  20. 5150dude

I've seen some pimpin before and I know they are a new sponsor but JEEZ!
    They'll be way ahead of Parker (maybe) someday when they increase their fuel tanks and offer more power then a 200.
    They should have let the cabin door open out of the way of a bait tank with their "computerized design". A fish-box on the transom would be nice. Oh wait... Then it would be like a Parker!
    Non-wood construction??? BFD. I haven't heard of one Parker having problems with the stringers warping, cracking, or anything else.
    Fit and finish??? I looked at them both side by side at the FHS and the fit and finish on the Parker is why I chose it.
    The Defiance are nice boats and it is mostly a matter of preference on a lot of things like HP vs. economy, cockpit layout, options in lieu of standard.
    The Parker 2320 is right between the 220 and 250 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Defiance</st1:place></st1:City>. A little difficult to compare but they are still in the same class but neither by hands down. Anyone's decision would be mostly personal preference.
    When I started this thread I was hoping to hear from an owner who is honestly happy with his <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Defiance</st1:place></st1:City>. I haven't heard from one but I could give you a dozen happy Parker owners.
    I wish <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Defiance</st1:place></st1:City> the best and anticipate they will only get, and do, better as time goes on.
    I gotta go and take a slow breath and switch to decaf!
    Regards,
    dave