Another early Blue Marlin caught right off cabo

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by renegademike, Jul 19, 2011.

Share This Page

1. renegademike

Went out on a half day trip fishing for Roosterfish. Although we got 7 roosters the biggest was only around 17lbs ( Not the 40 plus lbers we were hoping for.) Decided to troll some marlin lures on the way back to cabo.
    We head out around 2 miles from El Tule and put the lures in the water. We are due in at 12:30 and at around 12:15 one mile from Gray rock we get hit and hit hard. Well I didn’t get in at 12:15 as expected.
    This fish almost spooled a 50 reel loaded with Spectra and 100lb P-line cxxx top shot. We had to chase this fish hard for 20 mins and fought it for another hour. I had the leader 4 or 5 times but had to let. While holding the leader and real close to a release the fish changed color from a deep blue to a dull gray. We pulled him near the boat and tried to revive him but no go. We all felt really bad that it died.
    [​IMG]

2. baja kid

Mike just think if it were a full day trip jajaja
    Great photo, a black and white photo would look really cool.
    thanks for the report and good luck at the Tournament

3. LarryHaynes

What lure did you catch him on?

4. renegademike

Here are some more pictures that the client Linda sent me. I just love having kids on the boat. The look on their faces after catching a fish is priceless. I feel blessed to be able to bring joy and turn people on to the great fishing we have here in cabo. I know it’s a job but I love my job. This was one of those days that we will always remember. To get a blue marlin on the way back to cabo just a ½ mile from shore on a half day trip was unbelievable. The fish Gods were looking out for us that day for sure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Here is part of the email Linda sent me. Linda I had a great time fishing with you and your kids. Hope to see you and the kids again.<o:p></o:p>
    ”Hi Mike-<o:p></o:p>
    I hope all is well. I heard that the seas got pretty rough and that we got lucky with our timing for fishing. We still can't thank you enough for all that you did for us. The boys can't stop talking about the marlin and how much fun they had fishing with you, Christian and Fernando. You definitely provided the experience of a lifetime. I am sending you a bunch of pictures. I have more that I can put on a disc and send to you if you give me the address you would like me to mail it to.<o:p></o:p>
    Here is the information on the boys:<o:p></o:p>
    Brandon Posivak (13years old) and Nico Posivak(10) years old) . Brandon is going into the 8th grade at Emerson Middle School and Nico is going into the 5th grade at Westwood Charter Elementary. We live in Westwood, CA. The main places we fish are Newport, San Diego, Channel Islands and Marina del Rey, though Brandon would be willing to fish anywhere, anytime. We have also fished in Hawaii and will be fishing in Costa Rica at the end of the summer.”

[​IMG]<o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]