8/17 Redondo beach

Discussion in 'Surf Fishing' started by Laguna80, Aug 17, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Laguna80

Went fishing at 6:30 this am. Only got hooked up with something big. Think I stepped on a corbina and had something else bump into my leg. So they're out there. I was using a tiny perch rod just to see how it does, but I couldn't get whatever I had hooked up in, so I won't be using that again. Didn't help that those clear squishy kelp critters got wrapped around my line and made it impossible to reel in. I HATE those fricking things.
  2. Laguna80

Update from this evening. Got one medium sized yellowfin croaker. Also caught TONS of kelp and those damn jelly creatures. I had to cast wayyyyy out to get beyond it.
  3. Straxus

Conditions are almost the same down here in Imperial Beach. All that trash in the water is getting ridiculous. And what is that jelly crap? I though it was just chunks of jelly fish..
  4. Laguna80

Apparently, they're some other sort of jelly creature. They sure do love to get wrapped around the line though.
  5. REELKING

nexttime dont use trout gear to catch giant sea bass
  6. Laguna80

But, it's so much more fun that way.
  7. Phreaky

Where you fishing at? I normally fish small jetty next to Redondo pier for calico's and Hali's
  8. Bob_Benner

The trout gear is perfect for sight fishing Corbina in the skinny.
  9. Laguna80

I fish further down from there. Closer to the little cement outcropping or whatever that thing is.
    The one side of that jetty had some nice clear water, but I didn't see any fish when I walked down there one time.

Course I don't get any calico's or Hali's. Just YFC, small leopards and guitarfish, and the odd corbina.

Oh ya, about that small jetty. Are we allowed to walk out onto that? I'm from Hawaii where everything is pretty much free for all, so all these rules make me a little hesitant.
  10. rainmann13

are corbina good to eat??
  11. Laguna80

I've never had them, however I've heard they're alright. It's all in the preparation.
  12. Laguna80

Update from today 8/19. Tons and tons of kelp in the water plus more of those jelly creatures. But I did manage to get one YFC on a large softshell

[​IMG]
  13. DoinWorkBo

That jelly shit is the worst. I was having it all over my bait every cast which was making it virtually useless. That is in huntington btw.
  14. michaelmarty

15. michaelmarty

16. swamppeople

Those jelly creatures are good eating!!! When they hang off the line grab one with some Tapitio or Soy sauce and chow down. They are the bomb!
  17. fishkilr

jellys are takin over.worse every year,all diffrent types.lotta gulf guys exportin jellies to asia instead of shrimp.and look up wats happenin with em in japan, mortifying.get used to it, its gonna get worse