6-8-06 cherry popped for two at the 302

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by ben88888, Jun 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. ben88888

<FONT size=3>

Short Version: Fished the 302 for 14 YT, a handful of bonies, and a lone blue shark. All fish caught off dines and north of the 302. Morning produced stella wide open bites. Paddies were scarce but find them and it’s game on.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ /><o:p></o:p>
    [FONT=<font][SIZE=/><o:p>[FONT=]<st1:time]. Game plan was to pop both my dad’s and my bro’s cherry for YT (no luck last year). Bought bait and headed for the N9 to see if anything was happening (the Dolphin had some luck there on wed). Found nothing and headed toward the 182. Water was green and couldn’t find much. Heard radio talk of fish holding at 302 area. Took a turn south and pointed for the 302. First patty spotted was approx 10NM from 302. Instant bendo on bait for 3. The pass produced 4 YT and 4 farmed (a lesson on drag setting was learned). Happy devirginzed individual with their first:
    <font size=" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></o:p>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Long Version: Got on the water at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:time Hour="5" Minute="0">5am</st1:time>. Game plan was to pop both my dad’s and my bro’s cherry for YT (no luck last year). Bought bait and headed for the N9 to see if anything was happening (the Dolphin had some luck there on wed). Found nothing and headed toward the 182. Water was green and couldn’t find much. Heard radio talk of fish holding at 302 area. Took a turn south and pointed for the 302. First patty spotted was approx 10NM from 302. Instant bendo on bait for 3. The pass produced 4 YT and 4 farmed (a lesson on drag setting was learned). Happy devirginzed individual with their first:
    <o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></o:p>
    <FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">[​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>[​IMG]
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Dog came in and that was it for that paddy. Continued on to the 302 and found a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> paddy at 32x32. Three pass and now the count is 13 YT boated and just as much farmed with multiple doubles and triples. Bite slowed so continued on to the 302. Drove for an hour and no sight of any paddy. Saw a whole bunch of Bonies jumping out of the water. Turned back after reaching the 302 and worked the 32x32 for one more YT and a blue shark. Bite was tough after <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="0">9am</st1:time>. Great day on the water. Final YT count bro-6, dad-5, me (farmer)-3. All cookie cutter size. Water temp ranged from 64-66 degrees. Bro and dad were stoked! Picture of day’s catch:
    <FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">[​IMG]

Go get them!

2. megustafish5

looks like the grade of fish at the 302 is getting bigger good job
  3. Red Drum

Thanks for the report, that is some fun stuff. I'm sure you guys were fighting over the Rockfish at the end of the day. LOL!
  4. dougiestyle