5 Hunters Killed over Deer-Stand Dispute

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Johnnyfish, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Johnnyfish

2. GRADSTEIN

already posted......deer stand rage!
  3. GRADSTEIN

already posted......deer stand rage!
  4. el Toro

"with a SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, a common hunting weapon. "

Where, in fucking Vietnam? Always watch out for any jackass that "hunts" with a fucking AK. This is totally unfortunate but I just hate how the fucking media spins things. This guy was no damn hunter.
  5. Johnnyfish

What is a gas operated rifle?

7.62mm Simonov carbine rifle (SKS) USSR

Type: Gas operated, self-loading, semi-automatic
    Caliber: 7.62x39mm
    Weight unloaded: 4kg
    Overall length: 1016mm
    Magazine capacity: 10 rounds
    Muzzle velocity: 720m/s
    • 5 Hunters Killed over Deer-Stand Dispute-sks.jpeg
  6. el Toro

gas operated mean it uses the pressure from the gas exchange of the fired cartridge to extract the spent case and chamber the new one. Semi-auto.

Who the fuck would hunt with that piece of shit?
  7. Kurt

Nicer than my 1st hunting rifle. :D Mine was a homemade custom stock enfield. Right handed and I am left handed.

But I was deadly with that pos :D
  8. MikeyLikesIt

yeah, not the most accurate, but it will KILL an ENGINE BLOCK at 200 yds..........

I speak from personal experience. :D

plus mine looks pretty bitchin......
  9. Duck

I wouldn't call it a "common" hunting rifle, but it does work. I used to use one while hog hunting. The reason being that we hunted them at night (it's legal in Georgia) and sometimes you'd come up on a drove of them at short range. And when you're being charged by a hog in pitch black with the only light coming from a headlamp, you want to have the ability to sling a couple rounds quickly. I stayed within the law and only loaded 5 rounds and killed quite few that were heading straight at me at a few feet. That bastard needs to be used for target practice though. Put him out about 500 yards and start with the rifle sighted in low. That way you can walk the rounds out to him and then start at his feet.
  10. Vermonster

Could be used, BUT.... Most states have a limit on shells, at least alot of the ones I've hunted..... This guy emptied his "20 round clip"