5/17/07 Kauai

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by aladin61, May 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. aladin61

Ok, So here I sit on the linai of the house we rented in Kauai. So I can write this while having a most magnificant view of Hanlieh bay. We'" another couple and my wife and I"chartered a boat from Hana pa charters of Kauai. We left the harbor just after six am this morning. The crew set out the trolling lines just after we rounded the corner of the harbor. We trolled north for about an hour before the 1st hook-up. Our goal was to have the gals catch a fish 1st. So Annette was the 1st one in the chair to fight this fish. It was a Ono or a Wahoo... It fought pretty good for a little while But just as we got it to the boat the "taxman" took his share. So she ended up with 2/3rd's of a wahoo. There was still about 20lbs of fish left. It was still quite fun for Annette to fight this fish. He will still be dinner tonight. The trolling rods went back in the water and we trolled back over the area and the second fish bit. Now it was my wife's turn and she managed to get this fish in without paying the "taxman". It was a yellowfin tuna about 10 or 12 pounds. This was to be the last fish of our 4 hour trip. The skipper and the crew worked their butts of for us and I thought they were also great teachers too. This was our wifes 1st time ocean fish and they had a great time. The boat was really nice to fish from and just ride around the island viewing the magnficant sights of Kauai. We did take pictures but they are on my friends camera and we are on vacation.....
  2. LTBOLTMAN

Sounds like you had a great time...was over there this past summer..I could move there in a heartbeat
  3. bodyborder1233

I am going to Kauia in july and am looking to do the same thing. Would you be able to private message me the price you paid? I just want to get some different options. Thanks, hope you have a great vacation.

Andy
  4. Ready4TheYellow

I got married there at Hanalei Bay on Kauai...

Try the doorless Helicopter tour...free with sitting through a timeshare. Tubing the little river was cool too....