35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Trip Planning' started by ShadBurke, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ShadBurke

For those following my recent purchase (aka steal of a lifetime), here are a few pics from last week when I dropped her off in Ft. Lauderdale with Yachtpath. Early February she should be in Ensenada for me to pick up.

The 720nm trip around Key West was a good shakedown for the boat and myself, getting to know what she is capable of and I must say, Cabo did a fine job with designing this vessel.

Yachtpath did a great job loading her, and I would give them a 10 out of 10 but since they were 11 days late getting to Ft. Lauderdale and have difficulty communicating schedule issues with customers, I would rate them 7 currently.

Enjoy the pics. 18 boats were being loaded for this trip. In the background you may note the diver in the water and the dual loading operating (front and back) to expedite departure. The 37 Pursuit with triple Yamaha F350s behind me was going to El Salvador.

Nothing like seeing her get lifted out of the water and up 50 feet in the air.
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0018_5.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0026_5.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0031_5.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0032_5.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0034_6.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0036_6.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0043_6.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0046_6.jpg
    • 35 Cabo Coming Home Florida to San Diego CHeck out the Pics-DSC_0058_5.jpg
  2. Luhr'd Away

Hope you got a good deal on new underwear. That is crazy
  3. GRUNT0369

badass boat
  4. @-EZ

I would love to see all the boats placed down below.

Very cool. Thanx for sharing.

By the way, I'm curious if you have done any calculations with regard to fuel consumption @ different speeds, conditions etc. If so, how did she do?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. spike

Cool pics Shad
  6. Ali

Too cool. I think I would chit watching my baby go up like that.

@ EZ - That boat will get about .8nmpg at cruise and 1.5 - 2.0 nmpg at hull speed (about 9kts) as a ballpark....

I'm sure the CFO has these #'s down to a gnats ass...

:D
  7. Saluki

Beautiful!
    I bet you're stoked beyond words right now.
  8. Tues

9. Hooops

Very cool Shad - enroute to Ensenada!