12-24-07 Shadow Cliffs Trout Report (Norcal)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by I hate seals, Dec 26, 2007.

1. I hate seals Advertiser

So I'm up here in Pleasanton getting ready to head to Tahoe tommorrow and figured I'd put up a little report.

I honestly did not know this lake existed until my father in law mentioned it. With a little Internet research I found they stock it with trout quite often. Headed over there for an hour or so of fishin before lunch.

Was using #4 leader with rainbow powerbait. In less than 15 min of fishing off one of the docks I hooked one. Lost it right at the dock.:( That was it.

Anyhow that lake has good fishing right now. Everyone I talked to have 1-4 fish. Nice ones, full tails, very nice colors. Saw a few that were an honest 3 pounds.

White power bait eggs were the hot bait. Earlier in the day was better. After 1pm I did not see a fish caught.

Coolest thing we saw was a guy using a "Bait Shuttle" Basically a little electric boat that takes your line as far off shore as you want, they with a tug of the line drops the bait. So you can fish 200 yrds offshore if you want. Very cool

Happy Holidays

Bryan
  2. Albacrazy

Cool! I fished that lake many,many times in the 80's. We used to hike to the back past the last dock and just kill em back there. Also some huge cafish back there!
  3. I hate seals Advertiser

For sure a cool lake. Fellow anglers were very friendly with advice and such.

Good times.