11/1 Mag Bay Report

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by twk, Nov 1, 2007.

1. twk

Last night I got a call from my group who have been fishing Mag since last Friday. Two fold call: they gave me a long list of tackle items to bring down this Saturday when I fly down to meet the boat, and they reported the fishing is as good as they have ever seen it at Mag for Dorado, Wahoo, and Marlin. Marlin as reported on other threads at Punta Tosca.

Tom
  2. merlin

Sounds killer. I'm heading down there in a week to join some buddies for a few days of fishing from Mag back up to Scorp. We'll fish outside Mag for a couple of days and then fish the ridge on our way up here. Can't wait.

The fishing has been super here as well - tons of dorado and football yft.
  3. Cold Feet

I just got back from fishing mag and the ridge....we started taking the hooks out of our marlin jigs. then we just started running maraiders. All the marlin you want and don't want. Wide open Dorado, chucking iron on every jig strike and always would pick up followers...even some wahoo on the iron after jig stops on dodo;s. We fished as far south as Patato Bank...and raising 3-4 marlin an hour. We caught a blue marlin just north of the 23s....caught wahoo as far north as acension. Enjoy your trip fellas...bring lots of maraiders. cheers
  4. Stick Time

Hell, Bill even dinged a Striped Marlin on an orange Marauder! I've never even heard of such a thing! He was talking about another Thetis marlin hitin an iron jig! Strange shit happens down there. Seriously fabulours stuff!
  5. IglooMan

Mariaders are the shit!
  6. el capo

I got this red and black megabait marauder that got the shit knocked out it.Marlin bill marks all over it now.They make a great marlin teaser when the wahoo are mixed in.They just dont seem to stick to good.